Urgent Question on employment letter!!!

WWWW

Registered Users (C)
Hi all:

I have a question regarding employment letter, one of my colleage got an RFE requesting evidence for "PERMANENT FULL-TIME" employment, however, our HR only use "REGULAR FULL-TIME" in the employment letter, and refuse to use "PERMANENT". Is "REGULAR FULL-TIME" acceptable by BCIS? Anyone ever experienced the same problem in the employment letter? and which word (REGULAR/PERMANET) did you use in yours? Please help!!!

Thanks in advance!

Don't expect this will be an issue.

Go ahead and submit. At worst, if BCIS still wants language changed, you can fight with HR.

-----------------------------------------

BCIS' request follows the letter of the law, which does have 'permanent' employment in the language. It is not a very well known fact, but if the law is strictly enforced as per the letter of the law, then a beneficiary of a GC can NEVER change employers. In that regard, using AC21 is legal, but changing your sponsoring employer 10 years after obtaining GC, is not!!!

Nobody has really bothered till date (though some employers have successfully screwed departing employees in the past); but this is the reason conservative attorneys insist you stay with the sponsoring employer six months or more after obtaining GC, before switching.

No, I did not just make this up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the companies use "Regular - Full Time" in the experience letter. I have submitted the same to BCIS for my I-140 and they did not question it. You could submit the same letter to BCIS.

Thanks for all your helpful information!

The RFE is for my colleage, and it asks for "Provide evidence that the company offers you a PERMANENT position", our attorney think it's better to put word "PERMANENT" in the reply, however, HR refuses to use "PERMANENT". Anyone got the same request, and only reply with "REGULAR FULL-TIME" without any trouble?

Appreciate your inputs!