Urgent question about I-485 Rejection Notice

Oshkosh

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
I hope someone can help me here. I have mailed I 485, I 864 & I 765 in the same packet and sent I 130 and accompanying documents to another address specified on USCIS website/as written on forms' instructions. Now, we've just received I 797 C (Notice of Action) on I 130 which got filed and check has been cashed for it. However, the same day (yesterday) we received Rejection Notice (I 797 C again) on I 485 and I 765. The text on I-797C Notice of Action (Notice type: rejection notice) for I 485 says:

"The entire application package you filed along with any fees you submitted has been returned to you for the following reason(s):
Your application package was submitted with a single remittance and one or more applications/petitions were unacceptable in the package for the reason(s) specified on the related Notice(s) of Action (Form I-797). Please correct the flawed application(s)/petition(s), and resubmit application package with the appropriate fees and supporting documents to the address listed on the bottom of this notice.

Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed on the bottom of this notice.
The following documents may be provided:
Your original form I 130 (Petition for Alien Relative) if you are filing concurrently; or
Your original form I 360 (Petition for Ameriasian, Widow(er) or Special Immigrant) concurrently; or
A copy of your form I-797 (Notice of Action) if the petition has already been filed/approved; or
Other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed/approved on your behalf."

The check for $ 1,010 is attached to the notice.

The text on I 797C for I 765 is the same for I 485 (the first part only, until "Based on information you provided"...), but it does not list what needs to be provided, the second part only explains how the I-765 needs to be filed/paid for.

My questions are:
Does this mean I just need to attach the copy of I-797C for I 130 to prove it that it has been filed, and the check had been cashed?
Was it rejected because I don't need to file for EAD (I 765) as I am already working on OPT from June 08 until June 09 (Registered Nurse)?
Does it matter that my wife's name (US citizen) is on the check for 1,010 instead of myself? (I am paying for both anyway, we just did it this way for the convenience reasons)
Any other thoughts/suggestions as this is getting extremely frustrating and I don't want to have it rejected again. Thank you all in advance.

You should have sent all forms together to the same address (Chicago lockbox).
Anyway now all you have to do is make a copy of your I-130 notice and attach it to the rest of your package and re-send. They'll accept it that way.

Thank you guys, after googling up some more, I found that all I need is to send the copy of I-797C related to my I 130 being filed/accepted along with the rest of the papers and that should be OK.

Hi everybody, I am worried as I have made a copy of 797C (on my pending I 130) and sent it with the returned package last Monday morning (10/20 to Chicago lockbox) and I still haven't received NOA nor the check for I 485 had been cashed? What do you suggest I should do? I can't believe that it is taking more than 10 days to at least cash the check or send NOA? Any thoughts provided will be much appreciated.

You should have sent all forms together to the same address (Chicago lockbox).
Anyway now all you have to do is make a copy of your I-130 notice and attach it to the rest of your package and re-send. They'll accept it that way.

Can someone pls clarify,

the PO Box # for I-130 and I-485 are different.
so do we mail I-130 and I-485 to the correct PO Boxes and enclose a copy of I-130 with I-485?