Urgent: PR stamping in person at Buffalo consulate

mba_apper

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I received papers yesterday from Candian Consulate that I need to send passports and photographs for stamping. I have to travel back to my home country in the next week or so. It mentions on the letter from the embassy that one can submit the passport in person between 9:00 and 12:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Buffalo HSBC centre.

My questions are:

1)Has anybody done this before? If so, do I need to take an appointment before I go?
2)If I sent the passports via mail, is it possible that I can get them in a weeks time?
3)If I chose to go back to my home country and I come back in a month or so, Can I come back and then send the passport?
4)I recently renewed my passport. My current US visa is on the old pasport Do I need to send both the New and the old passports?
5)Do I need to send the original I-94 as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi

mba_apper said:
Hi,

I received papers yesterday from Candian Consulate that I need to send passports and photographs for stamping. I have to travel back to my home country in the next week or so. It mentions on the letter from the embassy that one can submit the passport in person between 9:00 and 12:00 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays at Buffalo HSBC centre.

My questions are:

1)Has anybody done this before? If so, do I need to take an appointment before I go?

No appointments, first come first served, so be there early. You get your passport back that afternoon if you are early enough.

2)If I sent the passports via mail, is it possible that I can get them in a weeks time?

No. minimum 15 working days.

3)If I chose to go back to my home country and I come back in a month or so, Can I come back and then send the passport?

Yes.

4)I recently renewed my passport. My current US visa is on the old pasport Do I need to send both the New and the old passports?

Did you give them your new passport number? If not you better fax them the bio data pages of your new passport before you travel to Buffalo. If you mail them, send both passports.

5)Do I need to send the original I-94 as well?

CIC doesn't care about your US Immigration status at this point.

Thanks in advance for your help.

PMM