Urgent - Please respond

tim123

Hi, I transferred my H1B from Company A to Company B in last october 2001. Since I was working for company B for 6 months contract, they just requested my H1B for 6 months, which is going to expire in April 15th. I am already out of work from 1st of April (Because the project is completed) and have not found any new offer. But my old H1B (H1B from company A) is valid until June 2003. Now, my question is if I get an offer after the expiration of my H1B from company B (which is lattest), can I still transfer under H1B portability using my old H1B (from company A)? or better for me to file for visitor visa (befor my recent H1B expires) and look for new job?

No Title

Hi, I transferred my H1B from Company A to Company B in last october 2001. Since I was working for company B for 6 months contract, they just requested my H1B for 6 months, which is going to expire in April 15th. I am already out of work from 1st of April (Because the project is completed) and have not found any new offer.

But my old H1B (H1B from company A) is valid until June 2003.
++ HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS VALID? Company A might have Cancelled it.

Now, my question is if I get an offer after the expiration of my H1B from company B (which is lattest), can I still transfer under H1B portability using my old H1B (from company A)?
  IF YOU FIND NRE EMPLOYER you have to transfer from Company B H1 to new company
or better for me to file for visitor visa (befor my recent H1B expires) and look for new job?
 IF possible find a New Employer who can transfer your H1b visa, if you file for Visitor and then again want to file for new H1 then in these times it will be difficulat to get H1b approved, you will not be having paystubs.

I know for sure company A has not cancelled my H1B.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your respond. I know for sure company A has not cancelled my H1B.
I\'m trying to find a new job but it\'s kind of hard and and my H1B from company B is expiring within a week.
That\'s why I am thinking to transfer to visitor visa. I really don\'t know what to do.