Urgent !!!. Please help (EAD Renewal)

aks297

My EAD renewal was approved on April 17th and the card mailed on the 5th of May. I have not received the card yet (I changed my address and informed the INS - thru AR11). My current EAD will expire on the 26th of May.

Can I legally continue to work after the 26th of May - as the EAD renewal has been approved but the actual card is not received yet?

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks

Yes. You can legally continue to work. Give a copy of online approval message (print out) to your HR department.

i'm sure

u can legally work..but my HR will not accept the online approval print out. My renewal ead was approved on may 5, and a new card has been ordered since...my ead expires on june 19th!!..and i am beginning to get uncomfortable as i read on this site it is taking upto 2 mnths for some cases to receive the cards after approval!!:( :mad:

ask297,

Card takes around 2 weeks after approval.Sometimes that may take more time if there are more approvals/shortage of cards.
But once card is mailed its just one week for your to recieve it

You still have 5 weeks.You should be fine

sorry about that INSFiles.I mean that for you

aks27,
did you file change of address with your local post office of your old address informing of new address. if not then they might have sent it back. if yes then you can contact that local post office for that particular mail.EAD reneal cards dont get sent back if there is a forwarding address.I had one.
sometimes the Post office delay in sending the mail to new address(try to add up for 2-3 weeks). so if you go there personally maybe you might find it there

Good luck

Talk to your HR Dept

Once your are approved you should be fine, pass on the LIN number and the NSC customer service number to your HR and they can dial in to get confirmation of the approval.

I did the same thing for a consulting position, though I didn't take up the job.