URGENT- Please Help a New PT Graduate

flin

Hi, everyone:

Good morning. I am so glad that I found this website and forum. It is very helpful for those who have questions/issues regarding immigrations laws.

I have been very desparate the past week. I am a international student with F1 visa and have just graduated from a US DPT (doctor of physical therapy) program last Friday (5/20/05). Unfortunately, I missed the deadline of applying for an OPT and now without an OPT and was told to leave by 7/19/05. I am now trying to preparing for PT board exam and plan to take it around 7/16/05.

My goal is to stay and work in the US as a PT legally. But now, I am probably not a F1 sutdent any more since I have completed my program, and I am not a PT yet since I have not passed the board exam. What can I do? Please help. Thank you very much.

Flin
5/23/05

Get temporary admission to a masters program

You could get temp admission into a masters program or delay your graduation. Request a professor to give you an incomplete in a course and then request a visa extension.

You have 60 days grace period where you will be in status after your studies finish. Can't you apply for OPT right now, take your PT license, enroll in some sort of summer class and get a F-1 visa for summer. Once you get your OPT, you can stay for 1 yr.