Urgent- Please Answer

485when

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expires in December. 2000. Can I go to local INS office and renew it? If not, how long does it take to renew it from VSC.
Thanks for your answer.

No Title

Yes you can go to the local INS office and renew, at VSC I was told it takes about 90 days to get your card renewed.

No Title

Not all local INS offices do EAD locally. Some of them who do accept, they will take 60-90 days just like VSC. I applied 5 weeks before the expiry and I got it approved 2 days after previous EAD expired. But I think they renew it for the day after the expiry to keep continuity. Anyway, VSC says "apply 3 months in advance". You can check the following URL and find your local INS and read about that office to findout whether they accept EAD locally.
"http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/alphaa.htm"

No Title

Hi
VSC takes too much of time in renewing EAD. My wife\'s EAD is expiring on Nov23 but we just had I 765 receipt notice from VSC. We are in Atlanta and we went yesterday to local INS center. Initially they were telling they are allowed to issue only if you had filed and if you have not recvd your EAD and more than 90 days after RD they can issue.But I explained the situation that she has to come out of payroll after 5 days. Then (the Duty officer - EAD in INS center)she had issued EAD.
My lawyer asked me to go there.
You need EAD/I485 receipt notice along with your passport. She collected I765 receipt notice and issued EAD for one year.
best wishes