Urgent need your help

desidost333

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts,

My father is in major medical care. So, I am the one need to take care of him. It is quite expensive and I can't effort even though I tried to bring him to US. But, I got a medical advise from senior doctors and Insurance companies better to continue treatment in India which are same kind of medications in US.

I have filed I-485 and I-140 in concurrent on April 2003. I got EAD, Travel Documents and I-140 approved two months ago. My H1B getting expires by end of this month (six years period over). I didn’t file for H1B seventh year extension.

If I go to India, I may need to stay there for a while. I am not in a position to decided without you guys help, I don't what to do?
Please give me best possible advises in regards? at < raokcb@hotmail.com >

Thanks for your time and help
Desidost

Originally posted by desidost333
Hello Experts,

My father is in major medical care. So, I am the one need to take care of him. It is quite expensive and I can't effort even though I tried to bring him to US. But, I got a medical advise from senior doctors and Insurance companies better to continue treatment in India which are same kind of medications in US.

I have filed I-485 and I-140 in concurrent on April 2003. I got EAD, Travel Documents and I-140 approved two months ago. My H1B getting expires by end of this month (six years period over). I didn’t file for H1B seventh year extension.

If I go to India, I may need to stay there for a while. I am not in a position to decided without you guys help, I don't what to do?
Please give me best possible advises in regards? at < raokcb@hotmail.com >

Thanks for your time and help
Desidost

My advise would be to discuss the whole matter with an
immigration attorney and follow the advise.

Having said that, I would like to give my opinion on this issue.

I am sorry to hear about your father's condition, and hope he
gets better soon.

If you need to to back to India and stay for an extended time
then continuing the 485 process may not be the best course
for you. Ofcourse, if your stay is for one or a couple of months
then it does not hurt. But if you are planning to stay in India
for extended time like a year or more, then it looks changing
your process to CP would be better.

In that case, you can file I-824 to bring the case to CP process
and finish the rest of the process while staying in India.
How this is handled is again dependent on your consulate, and
the cooperation of your sponsoring company.

Again an attorney would be able to weigh in all the factors and
give you the proper advise.

Raju

As suggested by raju do the following:

1. Consult a immigration attorney to start with.

2. With this attorney explore the option of doing what is called Attorney Certified I-140 / AC I-140 (faster form of Consular Process) which involves filing I-824 form with ins to transfer case to your consulate. If you belong to an indian consulate only new delhi and bombay consulate accept AC I-140 process. Chennai is still not accepting this process.

What consulate do you belong to? If NWD or BMB then you should be able to get the interview in about 3 months from the time you mail the AC I-140 packet to either of these consulates!