URGENT - Multiple I-140s

shatan

Registered Users (C)
I work for Company A where I have my Labor Certification approved and they just filed for my I-140 and refused to apply for I-485 saying that its their company policy not to apply for I-140 & I-485 together and that they would apply for I-485 only after the approval of I-140. I am afraid of being laid off.

Company B wants to apply for I-140 & I-1485 together for me using labor substitution.

Is this ok as two I-140 applications will be with INS now.

Please help.

shatan,

Before the concurrent filing it was okay to have multiple I-140s. If they are from two different service centers then you are definitely safe. I know couple of people who did this and used the early approved I-140 to file I-485.

Now with 485 being clubbed w/ 140 it may be tricky. When you apply I-485, you are making it clear that your intention is to stay w/ comp B. I am not sure if you have to withdraw other I-140 if it is from the same service center to avoid INS treating it as fraudulant. Discuss w/ your lawyer.

It is OK, Dont worry !!

A friend of mine applied I-140 + 485 at VSC and Later applied I-140 at NSC w/ his lawyers advise.

Questiona are:

1. whether u can apply two I-140s at the same center ? (Dont know)
2. If u r applying at two centers, then do u apply two 485s ? (Dont know) (not related to above case though)

From what I heard...If filed I140+I485 first at VSC, and frustrated w/ the delay and apply at NSC or CSC or TSC (assuming they r not going to slow down....just as u apply...(If ur fate is F*)) You dont hv to apply I-485 again...If u get NSC approval early, then just ask VSC to tranfer ur 485 to NSC..

Experienced posters may post their experience and share their wisdom.

If some legal experts pitch in the effort....that is SUPER.

Any legal expert who could advice me on this.

This is urgent as I have to leave Company A before they lay me off and join Company B.

vagabond2

of what I know, "just requesting to transfer the case.." can cause extensive delays in the total processing time of 485.