urgent, losing job, advice please!

xyk

Registered Users (C)
I was told that my job is terminated at the end of this month.
My 485 pending, I got EAD, but still work on the H1-B.
I am trying hard to find the job, but who knows?
So, what happened if I could not find the job or there is a gap between these two jobs?
If I can not get the same salary as the previous one when I filed my case to BCIS?

Any advice will be appreciated!

My $0.02

Let us know your 485 ND ...usually INS is issuing a RFE for pay-stubs/ W2/ employment letter ..after about 12-15 months of ND. So you need to try to get a job atleast around the time INS might ask you for employment information.

Also remember if no rfe is asked..you could just get the approval and you are home free :)

but even if rfe is issued and you have no job..dont lose hope..you have 84 days to respond to the rfe.

So right now..get hold of every Pay-stub/ 2002 W2 / tax returns and start searching for a job.

I hope you are past 180 days from ND....so even if your employer informs the INS about the H1 cancellation and sometimes even the I-140 cancellation..you will be fine.

Right now..start searching for a job anywhere in the USA...I know it is easier said than done..once you get a job...and INS asks for employment letter..ask the company to issue a letter that after 485 your salary will be as expected in the LC..also use a lawyer to setup your job description as it was previously.

best of luck with the search...you are lucky in the sense that you have EAD and you will be in status..

Its very sad that you are loosing job, good luck for next job.

Since you have EAD you can find a job in similar line, salary should not matter much since it can be explain. If you are lucky enough (which doesn't seems to be) you will get approval without interview or without RFE, to be frank chances are very remote but don't think that it is not possible.
If some gap is there than it should be OK provided at the time of RFE/interview you have a job for atleast last 3-4 months in same profession.

So start looking a job in same profession, don't worry much about salary.

Also just a reminder if your EAD is going to expire in next 5 months than get the application ready since as of today you are in job.

Good luck