URGENT!!! landing in Canada and returning to USA with H1-B status

ankrish04

Registered Users (C)
I need to enter Canada by December 2005 to get my permanent residency. Recently my status in USA got changed from F-1 (student) to H1-B. Even though my F-1 visa has got expired I believe I can return to the USA from Canada with my expired F-1 visa, H1-B status approval and I-94.

The question I have is that I tried to make an online appointment at the US consulate in Vancouver, but unfortunately could not find any dates prior to December 2005. The question is can I still return to the USA with the above mentioned documents OR has it become mandatory for me to get the H1-B stamping since I tried to make and online appointment and my details have got stored in the system?

Please guide.

You can come back to USA without visa stamping from Canada and Mexico through automatic revalidation provided:
1- It should be done within one month.
2- You do not apply for H-1 stamping.
3- You do not travel to any other country from there.

Good luck

Thank you ijaffery. Just clarifying again. You mean though I tried to schedule an appointment online at the Canada US consulate for H1-B stamping (giving my passport details and H1-B approval number) I would be able to return back into the USA.

Please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Yes u can, unless u appear before consular for interview. Do not surrender ur I-94 while u leaving tell them u will be back in less than a month and the rule is automatic revalidation.

Cheers,

Better way to land in Canada and returning to USA

Hello ijafery, thank you making things so clear. Which is a less hassle way to land in Canada and return to the USA, travel by road or by flight?

Please give your opinion, as you already know my travel documents.

Thank you very much.

Pelase reply

ankrish04 said:
Hello ijafery, thank you making things so clear. Which is a less hassle way to land in Canada and return to the USA, travel by road or by flight?

Please give your opinion, as you already know my travel documents.

Thank you very much.

Hi ankrish04,
I tried to get a date for visa stamp in Vancouver but I do not see any empty place there. Is there any time frame you have to log in to see the available sits?

Please reply. Also I am in the same situation. Can you let me when u are going to canada and wich route u are taking? my email is pablo777@gmail.com. You can email me there.

pablo..

Ankrish! If you are still waiting for reply then my advise is to go by road from Detroit-Windso border through tunnel. This is the most linient border and they will give you no trouble.........guarenteed based on my personal experience.