Urgent info required

vnand

Registered Users (C)
I plan to travel with AP and have the following concern. During my H1 period I was out of project and was not paid for more than 6 months but I had a valid H1 and I94 all the time. Later I got a project and was paid and I applied for AOS as a dependent. My concern is if I travel with AP will I have any problem at POE in return because of this.
Has anyone been in similar situation and traveled with AP?

This ought not to be a problem for your return after travelling abroad. If you haven't been issued an RFE to prove lawful status throughout, then that's not yet part of USCIS finding while adjudicating your I-485. Even if you had such an outstanding RFE, I doubt that the POE officer would see much more on his little screen than just the fact that "a" RFE has been issued in your case. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Of course, if you have access to a lawyer, you should check before you depart.

vnand said:
I plan to travel with AP and have the following concern. During my H1 period I was out of project and was not paid for more than 6 months but I had a valid H1 and I94 all the time. Later I got a project and was paid and I applied for AOS as a dependent. My concern is if I travel with AP will I have any problem at POE in return because of this.
Has anyone been in similar situation and traveled with AP?