Urgent I485 RFE - help

i485xxx

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I did not have a birth certificate when I first applied for I485. I had submitted affidavits from my parents instead. INS sent RFE 10/04 asking for bc. i was born in sierra leone and after much negotiations with the authorities there received bc. but it only had my middle name + last name. i replied to RFE with that.

Now I have got 2nd RFE which states:

This Service is in receipt of evidence you submitted on xx/xx. It is noted, however, that the birth certificate you submitted indicates that your legal name is M.Name L.Name. You listed your name as F.Name MI L.Name on your application to register PR. For these reasons you are requested to comply with the following:

Submit documentary evidence showing that M.Name L.Name and F.Name MI L.Name are the same person.

Documentary evidence of a name change may include, but is not limited to, a birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal document. Acceptable evidence must show that the statistic or event was registered with civil authotiry.

The mere fact that you have been using a modified version of your name for an extended period of time is not acceptable proof of a name change.

The problem is that I don't have any documentary prooof of name change. How am I to address this issue? Has any one encountered similar issue where the RFE statement is like above?

Thanks,
I485xxx

VSC
I140 - RD 04/03 AD 04/04
FP - 08/04
I485 - RD 07/03 RFE(for birth cert) 10/04 RFE(for name inconsistency) 1/05