Urgent! I made a mistake when I e-filed my EAD

mr_sdfz

I just realized that I made a stupid mistake on my EAD renewal application. I e filed the EAD renewal applications for my wife and myself two days ago on 1/27/09.

In the pop-up box, field 16, for “Eligibility Categories Explanatory Text”, I mistakenly put my wife’s I-485 pending Receipt Number (LIN-XXXXX) instead of mine on my application!:eek:

What should I do? Is there any way I can correct this? Will this cause any problem for my renewal?

I have gathered all the supporting documents and in the process of mailing it in, which will include my I-485 application and the online status shows the right receipt number.

Thanks in advance.

I doubt this will be a problem at all. I don't know if they even look at Field 16 on the application, all they really need is to see a copy of your own I-485 receipt, which you are providing them.

You say that you are "in the process of mailing" your supporting documents; I don't know if that means you are buying stamps or getting the package weighed or what, but if you didn't seal the envelope yet, you could simply include both your and your wife's I-485 receipt with YOUR supporting documents - they will wonder why you did that since they only need yours, but in case they do look at Field 16, then they'll understand. But don't take any drastic action, it's not necessary and will only confuse them.

Call Customer service

Call Customer service. I remember it gives option to select if there any correction in the application. Tell them you enetred your wife LIN number instead of yours.

Thota

I just realized that I made a stupid mistake on my EAD renewal application. I e filed the EAD renewal applications for my wife and myself two days ago on 1/27/09.

In the pop-up box, field 16, for “Eligibility Categories Explanatory Text”, I mistakenly put my wife’s I-485 pending Receipt Number (LIN-XXXXX) instead of mine on my application!:eek:

What should I do? Is there any way I can correct this? Will this cause any problem for my renewal?

I have gathered all the supporting documents and in the process of mailing it in, which will include my I-485 application and the online status shows the right receipt number.

Thanks in advance.