Urgent: I-485 and marriage issue

US_Bharath

Hello,
I recently filed for I-485 RFE and am expecting approval soon. But am not married yet!. What are other options are left for me to file I-485 for my future wife, other than getting married before approval and bring wife to USA. What if I get married after approval?. Anyway out to avoid 3-4 yrs of processing for her. Appreciate you help guys!
Regards.

485 and marriage !

Looks like u have responded to the RFE, that means u have already done with u\'r FP. In this case there is a good chance that u\'r case might get approved, but still depending upon u\'r RD. Last option to delay the process, to my knowledge ends with FP(Reschedule). If you have any active proposals pending, immediately go and get married. According to INS, If at the time of approval, u are married(u will have to prove thru legal means that u were married at approval time), there is a chance that they can still adjuducate her case. But the fact that the moment u\'r Case is approved, u\'r H1 goes out of the window, so if she is here in US, and she doesn\'t have her Papers filed, even then she goes out of status. But can go to country of origin and battle at the counsulate, and they might approve it given the ground that u were married at approval time. Even all these options dries out, try to bring her on h1. There is only few things u can do, some times these INS rules kills us(most time). GOOD LUCK.