Urgent!!!How to get stamping or emergency AP in this case?

Dallas03096

Registered Users (C)
I have still not received any official communication from USCIS for my case which was approved by Dallas local office on June 20 & transferred to TSC on July 5 as per Congressman's office. On line status shows "Current Status: Pending at the office to which it was transferred".
This morning I received the sad news about the demise of my father in India.
My AP is expiring in 2 days and have not applied for renewal of AP hoping to get the approval notice or GC.
Can you please suggest what I should do now to get emergency AP or temporary I-551 stamping on my passport?
Deeply distressed!

My sincere condolences. May God grant you and your family strength and peace during this difficult time.

One thing that came my mind was making an infopass for monday and trying there may be explaining your case and situation might help.I hope you do get the stamp / AP and can go.

I am sorry to hear this news. My condolences to you and your family

Conact your lawyer and findout out what options you have.

I did some search over the internet and found out one old thread. http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-49114.html This person received emergency AP in a day. I think you can try this as a first thing on Monday.

Regarding the stamping , as you don't have official letter from uscis this may get delay but still you can try.

My hearfelt condolences to you.

Take InfoPass on Monday. Ask your folks in India to fax you the death certificate. Even the hospital can issue some letter (if he passed away in a hospital). That will get you AP right away from the local USCIS office. It will also help you in getting the airline ticket.

Don't need an Infopass for Emergency AP

If you are not sure if your case has been approved, then go to the local USCIS office. For emergency AP, you do not need an Infopass appointment.
You may need a letter (fax from India) confirming the sad news. They will issue you an AP at the office itself.

If you think that your case has been approved, ask them and they should be able to stamp your PP with I-551 stamp.

Hope God gives you strength to bear this loss and hope your situation gets resolved soon.

Take Photographs with you for Emergency AP

Forgot to mention that you should take photographs with you when you go for the emergency AP.

Emergency AP received in 3 hours at Dallas local office

Friends, Thanks for all your suggestions.
I went to Dallas local office around 7 am today and walked out with AP around 10 am. Was asked to join the general queue since I did not have infopass appointment for the day. (I had carried an infopass for a future date and asked for emergency appointment but security guard insisted on my waiting in the general line. They call after servicing all others with current Infopass appointment!)
The following things are required:
1)Death Certificate in English from Doctor in his letter head (To be accompanied by a notorized translation if the certificate is in other languages)
2)2 Passport Size Photos
3)Money Order for $305 (Dallas local office does not accept personal checks)
4)I-131 form duly filled in
5)Copy of I-797 Receipt notice for I-485
The IO checked my current AP (which expires in 2 days) as well as I-94 & my passport before accepting the papers.
The IO told me she would have given temporary I-551 stamping on my passport if their system had been updated with the approved status for my I-485. She looked at the e-mail from my Congressman's office regarding my I-485 approval on June 20 and said she will send a message to TSC.

Dallas03096,

Very sorry to hear the news... please be strong and have a safe trip.

Thank God, you figured out quickly and resolved this stressful situation...
May God be with you and your family.
1victim.

Dallas,

Sorry to hear the news, but happy that you were able to get the AP soon enough to make your trip. My heartfelt condolences to you.