Urgent: How Before Filing Receipt Is Received For H1

djmpolis

Registered Users (C)
Hi. I have been petitioned by my employer for an H1. My lawyer filed the application about three weeks ago. However, we still have not received the filing receipt from the Vermont Service Center until now. My lawyer said that it generally takes 7 weeks. I wanted to verify if this is indeed true as I am beginning to feel mislead by my attorney. I would appreciate it very much if anyone could give me any information as to how long a filing receipt is received after filing an H1 petition. Thanks.

H1 Notice of Action

My petition was received by INS on May 20th and I received the Receipt Notice on May 31st. I wonder why your attorney says it takes 7 weeks. May be he is talking about the approval-time !!
Good Luck

Hi!
You need to clarify from your lawyer on the same. My application was filed on 18th July and got its reciept on 20th -July. So better to talk to your lawyer regarding the same. Also 7 week time, seems to me less for a normal proccessing and too much for a premium proccessing.
Regards
RDSCLOVE

Urgent: How Long Before Filing Receipt Is Received

Thanks guys. My problem is that according to my lawyer, his office still has not received the filing receipt and that it normally takes 7 weeks just for the filing receipt to be received. He wasn't even referring to the actual processing time for H1 but just for the filing receipt to be received after filing the petition. Is this the expected timetable from the Vermont Service Center when it comes to sending the filing receipt for H1? Please let me know if you think that what my lawyer has been telling me is highly doubtful because I am really starting feel that this guy is just out for my money. What's worse is that he is in Virginia and I'm all the way out here in Manila...so you can imagine how easy it is for him to rip me off. Forgive my paranoia but this H1 petition really means a lot to me. I appreciate any thoughts/advice you can to share.

Hi djmpolis

Normally in Vermont Service centre, the receipt for H1b petition is issued within 7-10 days(max). If the petitioner(employer) is new, they shall verify the employer and later issue the petion receipt. Normally the petition approval only takes such a long time as mentioned in the USCIS website. Pls check the authenticity of your attorney.

Bye
Tamse