Urgent Help !!!

jha123

Registered Users (C)
Here is my detail
 RD 10th Aug 01
 PD jan 2000
 ND Sep 2001

Dear Friends today I got lay off from my current employer.They were not paying me salary for last 2 month.I was working on Project.
Today I had hot Argument with them and I left the company.
Can my employer cancell my 485 In what case the can cancell my 485.
what should I do now.
Waiting for Gurus suggestion.

Read www.murthy.com chat transcripts

I remember reading in murthy.com\'s chat transcripts that the law (re: AC21) is not clear on this yet, but Att. Murthy said that after 180 days have passed since filing 485 company can\'t withdraw the application. This is my recollection. You have to check the chat transcripts again.

After 180 days have passed,

I dont think your employer can withdraw your case as you also have a hold on it. I am not sure if i am correct, but do check with a lawyer or check previous chat messages from Murthy.com.

Thanks/Bhuvana

Please make sure...

I am sorry to hear that...
I don\'t want to scare you, I was in similar situation, I was laid off before 180 days though. But my lawaayer had said that they can withdraw it any time they want but most of them don\'t do it as a professional moral commitment - no legal binding. I hope they don\'t revoke yours. Generally they will ruin thier reputation by doing so...so I don\'t think they will touch your 485 application.

So please check with a lawyer. May be Rajiv Khanna can help you. Send him a mail or call him up. He is a very mature and helping gentleman and will surely guide you through a difficult situation like this.

take care and take your time to make decisions.

Dont worry man ...since 180 days are past you are fine..just ....

you can work on the same project and through another employer and everything will be fine.
Post your mail ID if you are looking for a employer who will support you on and with this problem.

shripad Torvi

What\'s your status? Did you get approved?
We should start a thread for people who got layoff

No Title

I got my EAD and AP.yes we should start thread for 180 days.

Also I called IIO told my prob they said yes you can change your without any prob.I dont know how much true is that.

Anyone faced same prob???

when you are working on project why they laid off and why not paying salary???

which service center you filed???? since you finished 180 days no problem according to AC21 law if you find similar job with same job title and salary etc