Urgent Help

nepal2003

Registered Users (C)
Friends

I am planning to file I-485, I-140. My wife has F1 VISA. She applied EAD (Economic hardship Work Authorization) in Oct, 2000 (LIN0024055**) and approved on 02/06/01. Unfortunately, we don’t have record of this card. She sent this CARD to INS office when she applied for OPT. Now, our attorney wants know the Valid from Date and Expiration date on card. We contacted office where she used to work and said they don’t keep copy of it or any records. They don’t want to help us.

I check INS website and found “Receipt Number: LIN0024055874 Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION This case has been approved On February 6, 2001. It doesn’t say when its expiration Date.

We have her approved paper (Which comes with card). It has LIN Number, A#, and mailed date which is 02/06/01.

How do I get expiration date. Is there any alternative? . Please friends help me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nepal

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gc_menia

Thanks for you response. There is not option in EAD application form for how long. Usually they will give you for One Year.

I call INS office today and told me that EAD is for YEAR. But OPT depend on students situation. He suggested me to write a letter to INS, which is too long.

How can I make sure EAD is for one Year?

Thanks
Nepal