Urgent Help!!

prod123

Registered Users (C)
Could any one tell me the Answer:

I works on H1 , my wife works on EAD since May,02. She want to appear few Certification Exam (Java, TOEFL)
Can she do that!! Would appreciate your valuable comment.

RD :12/14/01
FP: 4/30/02
EAD Ren AD: 12/14/02

Yes.

No problem in taking these professional and language tests (or even higher studies) for an H-4 holder (with or without EAD).

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Disclaimer: Personal non-legal point of view only.

Yes Definitely Yes. Your wife and infact even you can go ahead and study.
The only issue comes when and if you want to take a student visa which you anyway donot need/or are seeking in this case.
My wife also did some study lately.

YES

My wife goes to school (MS) on EAD. She started on H4 and continuing on EAD even though H4 expired.

I came to the US on H4. I started a Master's Degree. I am now working on EAD and continuing in my Master's Degree. It was no problem and on H4, I didn't have to provide alot of documents about finances like you would with a student visa. I also received in state tuition after living in NC for one year. We own a house and I showed them that our Green Card application was in process. Resident status is different for school than INS. The only problem was medical, as I could not get pediatrician records and have had to get extra shots (covereed by insurance). Interestingly, I have needed more shots to attend school than to become a permanent resident. go figure.

Thank you all

Thank you very much for this valuable information. It will help me.

Wish all happy new Year and get GC soon.

KennyGH

Which school did you go for your masters?
As far as I know, you have to pay out of state tuition if you are not a permanant resident.

Re: KennyGH

Originally posted by m_dec
Which school did you go for your masters?
As far as I know, you have to pay out of state tuition if you are not a permanant resident.

Not true. Residency requirements depends on the state. I paid in-state for my courses. Check with the university for residency requirements.

Some need 5 years some need two years of state taxes... it varies.