urgent help

nitu

Registered Users (C)
HI FOLKS
I Came on B2 VISA Changed status to H1B1 July. I need to go my country(India) very badly. So friends advice me on this issue where I Should go to get multiple visa stamping.

Thanks lot in advance
Sri

thanks Raj

thanks raj for reply but i was thinking to go to canada because if incase i do not get it there i can always come back with my approval letter only, is this correct?Pl. advise me on that if you know any case like that.My lawyer also told me that and i spoke to I.I.O he told me same think too but i just want to make sure if any one went there to get it done.
thanks in advance

To the best of my knowledge:

As per Apr 2002 ruling, if your visa is rejected in Canada, then you must go to your home country to reapply. Note however, if you do not apply for a visa in Canada and stay there for less than 30 days (for example you go there only for a short business trip but not to renew your visa), then you can re-enter without getting an H1 visa.

In your case, you anyway seem to need to travel to India. So that's one reason to get it done there. Perhaps post a new thread on the main H1 visas page as there are more experienced people there...