Urgent: Help with RFE status.

sertra2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am in the unenviable situation where the response to my I-140 RFE was received by USCIS on November, 18 2003. Since then the status has showed the same message, 'We received a response on November 18th...blah blah'. So you see it has been almost 5 months and still no reponse for the RFE.

Now, can anyone please guide me as to what are the steps I can take ? My employer asked for case referal llast month, and the response was 'The case is still under process'.

What else I can do to enquire about my case. This is so frustrating, please please give me your suggestions.

My case details are as under.
I-140 ND 21 May, 2003 (EB3)
RFE Received 16 Sept 2003. RFE responsed 18, Nov 2003.
RFE for company financials.

EAD/AP/485 ND 19 August 2003
Wifes EAD/AP approved on 22 Nov 2003!!
My EAD/AP still waiting for approval.?

BTW, my companies financials are excelent, and other guys in my company have had their I-140 approved after similar RFE's.

What are my options ???????

Thanks,
sertra2002

Serta,

1. Your Companies financials are Excellent.
2. Other guys got approved, after similar RFEs.

These two statements tell me that you are going to get approved.

1. Wife EAD, AP Approved
2. Yours is still pending.

These two statements tell me that your case is pending at SECURITY check. Means when they did your Security check, they got some kind of "Hit" or "Match". So till the issue is resolved, they are not going to process your case.

I am 95% of confident, this is what happened/happening in your case.

Only solution is Wait and pray. Nothing else you can do at this time.

Hope every thing will be fine soon.

nanshi.

Try to remember if you have any delinquent payments, unpaid traffice tickets, any uncleared cases with police department, or any arrest records in both your country and USA. You can go to your nearby precinct police office to find out. As for financial fraud, you can get a credit report. Try to clear it as soon as possible. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Naanshi

How do you know NSC does security check before approving I-140? I thought security check is only in the I-485 process. My situation is similiar to Sentra2002. My RFE response was received by NSC on 1/27/04 and still pending.

Originally posted by Bystander6
As for financial fraud, you can get a credit report. Try to clear it as soon as possible. Hope this helps. Good luck.
CIS does a credit check before approving I-140? Most misleading post I have seen on this forum:confused:

credit check ?

armie,

I think, they didn't mean "credit check" but it's a kind of background check which may also include some information from "credit check".

I am not sure on what basis CIS doing "backgroup check" before approving I140, but my Wife EAD approved 3 months
after my approval. My attorney mentioned that it was "background check".

Originally posted by armie
CIS does a credit check before approving I-140? Most misleading post I have seen on this forum:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarification

Just as a clarification I have never had an arrest or committed a crime, either in US or my home country. My credit rating is also excellent, in fact never once have I had a late payment, no public records or collection records. I check my credit file atleast 2 times a year.

The only thing I can think of is that, when I came in the country and got a telephone, cable etc., some companies misspelt my name, so that now when I see my credit profile, it shows my correct name, and then AKA names with wrong spelling (e.g.) instead of 't' there is a 'd'. Also I see an AKA with a totally wrong last name (PATEL), I am not PATEL . Can all this be causing some issue ??

Thanks

serta,

I got your personal mail. Here you go regarding Security check. Hope this helps. I got this from immigrationportal.com only.

Truth about security checks... and what the USCIS dont want you to know!!!
Its all here, get it before they remove it...

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress04/garrity022504.htm

85% of name checks are electronically returned to the Department of State as having "No Record" within 72 hours

88% are completed in 30 days

98% of the requests are resolved in 120 days

nanshi.