Urgent help requested for help for N-600

bks43wa

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I have applied for N-600 for my minor children to get their certificate of US citizenship on Dec 4, 2009. But it has been more than 30 days and the checks have not been cashed yet. We are from Seattle DO but the N-600 had to be submitted to USCIS Yakima, field office in the state of Washington. That office processes the N-600 applications.

My children got their US passports along with ours on Dec 11, 2009.

My questions are:

1). Since it has been more than 30 days what are my options?
USCIS national customer service says it cannot help in this matter as it local DO's job.:rolleyes:

2). Infopass requires a service request ID from USCIS customer service to even look into the matter. USCIS says it cannot give one. You have to take infopass. When I try to take a infopass it says get a service request ID. It is like a "catch 22" situation. :eek: The zip code of this field office is 98901.

Any help to resolve this problem would highly appreciated. Please share your experiences/thoughts or any ideas that may be of help.:)

Thank you.
Regards,
bks43wa

Do you have proof that the applications were received. Since this is not an urgent application, wait another 3 weeks..block the check sent b4 and refile.

Do you have proof that the applications were received. Since this is not an urgent application, wait another 3 weeks..block the check sent b4 and refile.

Thanks for your response "wantmygcnow". I did send it by Fedex and have a signature proof that it was received. However, in the address to the USCIS field office, I forgot to write: "Attn: N-600 Unit"
Is it okay to block a check written out to USCIS office? I mean is there a legal hassle.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks again!

Wait a few more weeks. I think it should be fine. Remember that there has been quite a bit of holidays in between. So it is not 30 days from the point of view of business days.