Urgent Help!!! Please expert

tooSAD

Registered Users (C)
Apologise for long message. But I am sick to worrying..
I got an ref asking for school transcripts from Jan 1997 to 2001 I came to US on student visa in 1993. I didn't go to school for a year from 1996(June) to 1997(August). I joined new school from 1997 graduated from the new school, got F1-OPT and change of status to H1 approved and everything is clean from here. However I was not attending school from 1996 to 1997. My labor wasn't filled before April 2001 so I didn't qualified for 245(i). I did mention this to my lawyer. He said with the COS approval, there might not be a problem. And I truly beleived the out of status was forgiven. And filled AOS anyway. Now I realized I should have chosen CP- since out of status during F1 didn't really accrue any unlawful presence, I should have been OK for CP. I don't know why my lawyer didn't advise me to do CP. But that's past. Unfortunately, I didn't extend my h1 b- I worked using EAD, I still have 4 yers left. Now I am in a deep hole if AOS gets denied. What are my changces? I wanted to make best out of what I have. I already set up appointment with Shiela Murthy, And I will consult with other top attorneys too. I just don't trust my lawyer. Please share your suggestion.

I did travel to canada before applying 485. I entered using h1-b approval and I -94(that came with) and no problems, But I don't have h1 visa however, I have h1-b admitted stamp on my passport. Not sure if that's good enough to reset my past f1 violations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gurus Please help!!!

I am desperate, Please gurus shed some suggestions. I now realized that I should have opted for CP. My change of Status to h1-b form F1 shouldn't have been approved since I wasn't maintaining F1 status. But it got approved and I always felt secured thinking f1-status violation was forgiven. But Now I don't know what can happen? I am dying for any suggestion so that I won't miss anything? I have set up appointments with some Lawyers comming week to see my options. One thing I realized that I should have extended my h1-b, my ignorance.....
Guys Please help!!!!!!

Its best you wait and talk to those lawyers next week .... as you correctly realize, you were indeed out of status and the consequences are not pretty.

Its unfortunate that this issue has been noticed.

Approved

My case has been approved. USCIS approved it with in a couple days after my rfe was received much to my surprise, it was fast. my case was a little complicated, you can see how desperate I was . God I know how it feels....It's awful and I wish no one will have to go through this.

I pray you will have your approval soon. . Even those of you who have some immigration status problems, I hope my case will give you some sense of comort and security. Dont give up hope, Hope is a positive thing.

I dropped my lawyer(out of state) and decided to go with a local lawyer. I talked to at least 6/7 lawyers(Murthy, Khanna, Papereli,Alonjo you name it). My advice don't always depend on just one lawyer. Even after talking to all those laywers, I found myself surrounded with sometimes conflicting answers, it's so difficult to understand how the same laws can be interpreted in diffrent ways. Never the less, it did help me to better understand where I stand and subsequently my decision to go with the local lawyer confidently who was willing to respond my rfe less than 1/4 or 1/5 amount of other lawers were going to charge.

I leared lot on this forum. It's an wonderful thing.

congratulations. If it is possible can you tell what you submitted as the RFE so that some one can benefit down the line

congratulations. If it is possible can you tell what you submitted as the RFE so that some one can benefit down the line

sure I am more than happy to... I have left for canada in June 2001 before applying I-485 and after the f1 problem. But I wasn't sure if I qualified for 245(k), since I din't have h1-b visa and no new I-94, even some lawyers were suggesting there is too much riding on the answer. The period out of status was more than a year. Actually,My previous status was a mess. and I don't deny. This is one thing I would like to change if I do it all over again. I was worried that USCIS now realized their mistake approving COS to h1-b. Anyway we used 254(k), and my lawyer put some thing about sevis trying to give an impression that prior to SEVIS implementation, student tracking wasn't seriously enforeced. Honestly, I am not sure what worked here. I would like to think it's the grace of our GREAT LORD bestowed upon a poor soul. One thing I realized with the response to the RFE, my new lawer had an aggressive tone-very offensive. I had talked to my company lawyer for how he was going to respond he sounded more defensive, And I am like that's it.

I hope this helps.

Those of you who have been waiting from 2002/2001. I pray to GOD you receive your approval soon.