Urgent help! On fi visa application

ishallgetthere

Registered Users (C)
I was selected for further processing of dv lottery in May, 2011. Sent the forms to KCC. But I wasn't selected in July redraw. I'm on the verge of applying for FI visa. Please, what are my chances looking at the fact that I have indicated interest to become immigrant. I need help on what to do.It will be greatly appreciated.

Do not count the May results as an actual draw, unless you entered on the 5-6 Oct you were not even up for the selection.

So its better to apply for US Student Visa.

Hi ishallgetthere,

Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students,Form DS-160,A passport valid for travel to the United States,One (1) 2x2 photograph and the fee are the required documents.Good luck!

bro listen i just been through the same thing last week... when requestng an F-! visa the consulate officer at the interview asked where i will be staying in the states during my education..i replied i have two bothers there..she said awsome. how did they go to the USA...me: Green card Lottery..on 1999 and the other was selected on 2007...CO: oh thats greta. do you apply for the green card lottery too? .. me : (without hesitating because it's obvious i do since twoof my brothers did) YES i have every year...

the second interview was 3 days later because i was asked to bring thier green cards copies and tax documents...after other few questions,,, she said..look you apply for the green card lottery that shows you intend to live there. but thats no problem it's different thing..anyways i am going to issue you a visa but there are further administrative process that will be taken and we will call you..it normally takes one week but i cant promise as it might take longer...End.

3 days later..i got the call from consulate say my visa approved..

bottom line.. be honest..if you are asked about this specific matter asnwer honestly ..my familymembers apply forthe green card lottery since 2000 every year until now and they have tourist visa they go to america and come back never violated the rules so this is a valid point..xplain you werent lucky to get green card and now you want to have another chance of getting education in the US and come back home