URGENT Help needed - Indian Passport renewal

akil

Registered Users (C)
My daughter was born in India and an Indian citizen. She is nine years old. Her passport expires by May 2007. I am working in USA in H1B Visa and my daughter is living here in H4(Dependent visa). I need to renew her Indian passport.
(1) At the time of sending her old passport for renewal to Indian consulate at New York should her passport need to have valid U.S. H4 visa stamping OR If she has valid H4 Visa Approval notice from US government to stay in U.S and valid I-94 card is fine?
(2) If an Indian passport for a born Indian is valid until May 31, 2007 and they are planning to go back to India in May 20,2007 will she be permitted to enter India. For born citizen should the passport needs to be valid for six months for international travel from U.S to india?
Thanks
Akil

Akil,
For your Q1 - Your daughters H-4 approval and I-94 works fine.

Q2 - I think to travel to INDIA is not a problem, because she is INDIAN.

vaasista said:
Akil,
For your Q1 - Your daughters H-4 approval and I-94 works fine.

Q2 - I think to travel to INDIA is not a problem, because she is INDIAN.

Do not send original I-94/approval notice - send copies.

If her passport expires on May 31, 2007 and she's travelling on May 20, 2007, she may need to get her passport renewed as I believe passport must be renewed if it's within 6 months of the expiry date.

However, passport renewal should take a week if renewed by mail or a day if renewed in person. I would suggest calling the consulate directly and verify the above information. You can find their contact information at :
http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContact.php?linkid=26

Hope this helps.

Mahesh