Urgent Help Guys!!!

mahewaal

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
         I would like to thank Rajiv for such a wonderful website.
RD: 03/18/02
ND: 03/20/02
VSC EB3 (State: Virginia)

Talked to IIO, he said will receive (EAD+ AP) in 6 weeks from now.

Then I have 2 more things to consult with my fellow friends. First one is regarding "Finger Printing." I have an emergency and my mom needs an operation in May 2002 last week. This means I will be travelling after Mid-May on my "Advance Parole." What I\'m concerned about is the "notice date of my Finger Prints". If we follow recent posts from some of you the accordingly INS @ VSC is sending Finger print notices almost "6 weeks " after the "RD" So if this is happening and true then I can get my finger print notice by Mid-May. (coz my RD is 03/18/02) If such happens all is fine becuase its possible to get the finger prints done earlier than the scheduled date. Not a problem! But if they arrive after I leave then I have to reschedule the FP date. Which I don\'t want to be done. So please advise what to do here! Anu guesses, suggestions highly appreciated.

*Can I explain the situaiton to INS and request and early FP date???
* Can I explain them the situation and ask for permission to get FP done on same FP notice as soon as I\'m back to USA? Even though I will also send a Reschedule rquest too. ??

The last thing is regarding my wife\'s green card. I have applied for her (I-824)Application for an action on approved petition. She is in Pakistan and will get her Immigrant Visa from there. All I wanna know is that how long does it take for "I-824" to be processed and what\'s the procedure for her to travel to USA once her Immigrant Visa is issued? Can she travel before my green card is issued here? Or what is the procedure? Heard that cases in Indina/Pakistan takes much lesser time than to AOS in USA.

Thanks a lot.
Mahewaal

No Title

Rgding ur FP, i dont think u get it in 6 weeks. U shud be getting in june or july. Even if u get it in May when u r not here, FP notice clearly gives u a deadline before which u shud take, its usually 3 months from the date specified. If they give u May 8th, u can go there anytime before aug 8th, if not its abandoned. U can consult w/ur attorney. I dont think INS would schedule u a FP early bcos u r going to India.

To mahewaal :

1. No early FP Possible what ever the reason you tell INS.
2. The logic of FP after 6 weeks of RD is your assumption and it just depends upon the state and just varies on no. of applications even with in the state.
3.My suggestion is if FP comes while you r in U.S. you can do early FP before scheduled date,if FP comes while u r not in U.S., usually the scheduled FP date will be 4 to 6 weeks after you recieve. Even if you miss this scheduled FP date still you can give with in 90 days after scheduled FP Date and the other option is you will be having an option in the FP notice to reschedule for future dates.

4. Reg. your wife\'s GC approval, I think your GC will get approved first then they process I-824 for her , once she gets approved I-824 she needs to appear in your home country consulate for remaining formalities to get GC. Once she gets her approval from consulate she can travel to U.S.
No one is able to give you timeline for your approval or I-824 approval.
In my view you are worrying too much and you need to wait for few months before you can think of approvals and FP etc.....

Just my thoughts.

thanks Watch Dog BUT

Thanks a lot watch dog. Your answer and suggestion did help. As far as you said and I got it, lets say even if very lucky and I get my "FP notice" in Mid-May b4 I travel, I can go and get the FP done earlier than the scheduled date. Fine and cool. On the other hand even if I get the "FP NOtice" after I leave USA, i can come back and get it done within 90 days of that scheduled date. So I guess I will be fine. I will be out for 3 months max. So even this 90 days time keeps me in safe side. So in the other scenario if INS sends me "FP NOtice" after I leave lets say in May, Beginning June etc, then ofcourse it will be scheduled for some date 4-6 weeks after that notice date. Right? And the 90 days counts from that "scheduled date."
Just confirming whatever you wrote:) Is this 90 days thingi same for all INS Service centers? like ours is Vermont Service center. Or is it different at various INS?

Secondly, regarding the (I-824) for my wife I\'m not that much worried brother. But the "AVM @ INS office" itself says for this application it will take "60-90" days to be processed. This clearly means it will be processed somewhere between 60-90 days. That\'s why I was concerned how does that works? My case here in USA won\'t get processed for "I-485" in 60 days:) no way. So what happens if her (I-824) is approved within 60-90 days. Will her consulate process back in home country starts then or what? Again this is true that consulates in home countries are really taking lesser time to process cases. I guess she might be able to get her Immigrant Visa earlier than and travel to usa for her Green card. What do you say now???

Thanks.......Mahewaal

Do not travel on AP

You haven\'t said what your visa status is but you want to travel on AP. I recommend not to travel on AP.
Just my two cents......

Possibility

Generally INS will not change your date just for what you can tell them. But what you can do is to go to your local INS office and ask them about your fringer printing and they will probably do it early for you.

My friend did it in Philadelphia INS office.

but why? what makes u say tha?

Amina,
        what makes u say that its not safe to travel on AP? All are travelling with no problems. Everyone does that. And what else is the purpose of AP.?? it is made for this only!

My status before "adjusting of status to Permanent Resident" was "F-1" student visa. now I\'m adjusting my status to "green card" (permanent resident) and for this purpose i will travel on my AP.
what do u say now?

Where did you guys get this 90 days option for FP?

I just got FP notice for Newark and it says that if you fail to appear on a scheduled date or fail to request rescheduling your application will be considered as abandoned. It also says that rescheduling appointment will delay your application. it does not give any 90 days option after ap[pointment date. Maybe other local INS Centers have different rules, but I would not be so sure about 90 days option if I were you. It is always good to double check.
In any case I think it should take at least 3-4 month from RD to get a FP notice depending on the state. (I got it on March 23, my RD is Dec. 5, 2001).

No Title

If you know people who have travelled to Pak on AP and come back to US without a problem then thats cool. Please go ahead with your plans.
As I had said earlier that was just my two cents.