URGENT- Experts- Please Answer

vsc2000

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 RD-ND is December, 99 and PD is March, 99. My PD is current. My concern is I have worked without authorization from August, 95 to April, 98 when I was in a F-1 visa. I have never overstayed.

I asked Ron Gotcher in his immigration web board and he answered\'
"You violated your status by working without permission. In the absence of some exception, like processing under section 245(i) and paying a fine, you are ineligible for adjustment of status."

Do you think this will be a problem in my I-485 process. Do you think I should apply for CP because of this? If yes, do I have to withdraw I-485 and file I-140 again? Or I can leave my I-485 pending, file I-824 and go to the consulate at Ciudad Juarez/Mexico (or any US consulate) with the I-824 receipt and have an interview for CP? Please let me know the process for this. Thanks in advance.

No Title

hi mission_, it is usually tough for INS to track illegal work compared to overstay... Do mention to your lawyer so that any questions related to illegal work can be articulated to not answer them directly. I don\'t think you have much to worry about becuase if it had to be detected, it would have been detected by now by INS... Definitely keep your lawyer informed...

No Title

Discuss with your lawyer if you do not want to disclose illegal employment in your application since they ask for all the W2 tax returns at the time of interview.
Once you have violated your status only your home country consulate can issue you any IV / NIV.
Make sure before starting CP that 3 or 10 year bar won\'t apply to you if it does try all the means for adjustment of status without leaving the country.