Urgent, desparate and angry. need help with my I-131 advanced parole.

wxm146

Registered Users (C)
I sent 130, 485, 765, 131 forms on August 12, 2005. The receipt date of my original I-131 application is August 17th, 2005. On November 18th, 2005, I received an email saying that my application was approved on October 27th, 2005 and the approval notice was mailed to me. I called on November 21st, 2005 to inquiry why I haven’t received my approval notice for more than 14 days, but the representative asked me to call back to check only when I haven’t received the notice for more than 30 days.

After more than 30 days, I haven’t received my approval notice and I called again on November 28th, 2005 to report that my approval notice is still not received. I was instructed to file the form I-824 to request a duplicate I-131 approval notice. I was asked to mail a completed I-824 to National Service Center in MO.

I have not moved since I sent out my application and my mailing address has been the same all the time, and I never received the AP approval notice in my mail.

I checked the processing time of I-824 at MO center this morning and saw they are processing case with receipt date beginging of August, which means I may get mine processed in March, 2006. But my favorite cousin is getting married in several weeks and I really want to be at her wedding.

The whole thing is unbeliverable. Frist, they didn't notify me the approval in the email until after more than 3 months, then I never received the approval. so I have to file another application and pay $200 more to get a duplicate of the approval notice that I never received. Now the processing time seems another several months, by the time I get my copy, my cousin's wedding will be long over and it's the time for me to renew for another AP.

I want to cry!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for months for this. I am thinking this plan. My AP is approved and I have the email notice. I want to just go back to my country with my husband to attend my cousin's wedding and see my parents. I will come back with a print out of the AP approval email when I check in at the immigrations. Would this work? I think, anyway, my AP is approved, and maybe the email can serve as my AP approval notice?

Please help me. What should I do?

hi, wxm146,
sorry to hear your story... however, if i were you, i would not take any risk of showing an email printout to the immigration officer. i guess, in the end, everything will be fine since you are married to a USC/GC holder (my guess). but why do you give uscis any excuse to further delay your application? i haven't been back home or seen my parents for more than 4 years. hopefully i can get everything done next year and go back home. hang in there. good luck!

Well, this indeed is bad luck. Have you tried scheduling an Infopass appointment? Maybe speaking to an immigration office would help, I've heard that they sometimes can give APs on the spot if its an emergency. I really don't think you should take the email to the immigration counter upon your return, they would mean risking your reentry into the US.

Indeed is bad luck but even you are married with a USC is not enough to travel without an AP, the law and rules are clear. The AP contains a picture of you and is a valid document issue by USCIS, plus is necessary so the officer at the POE can stamp it. An email doesn't mean anything for an officer at the POE neither for the airlines, remember you must show to the airline that document.

The emails and website status notices/times are not updated on time and change a lot. Don't trust them to make future plans.

In general is advice that you don't make plans of travel without the assurance of an AP. Unfortunately that affect your plans of the wedding but I am sure that after all this money spend and waiting is more worth it to don't go there on time than to stay there because you didn't have an AP right?
Good luck,

Thanks to all you replying to me and giving your opinions. It looks like I will just have to wait now. I will wait for the notice for my I-824, depending on its processing timeframe, maybe I will try to talk to an immigration officer to get see if I can't get a new AP faster, otherwise, I will just wait.

Thanks to you all again.

No I totally understand ur frustration. And is this just bad luck? well yes, but if you look in the forums you are not the only one who is simply not getting their approval notice in the mail. Basically you are SOL, according to USCIS. I mean its completely unbelievable that people who have paid for something have to go through this. I would try as falcon suggested and go and speak to an immigration officer.