Urgent: Degree requirements for Perm EN3?

subash1977

Registered Users (C)
Urgent: Degree requirements for Perm EB3?

Hi All,

I am in the process of filling up information that my compnaies attorney asked for to start labor under Perm.

I work as a Software QA Analyst, that my job title.

Now, one of the questions as is:

- Minimum degree requirements necessary to perform the job:

Can I put this as: ??
• Bachelor’s Degree - Information systems or Computer science or Engineering or equivalent with relevant IT experience.

Basically my bachelors degree is in Mechanical Engg from India.

Since mine is Mechanical engineering - Should I take any more care in wording it? or is the above where I have stated - "Or Engineering or equivalent" good enough?

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
subash1977 said:
Hi All,

I am in the process of filling up information that my compnaies attorney asked for to start labor under Perm.

I work as a Software QA Analyst, that my job title.

Now, one of the questions as is:

- Minimum degree requirements necessary to perform the job:

Can I put this as: ??
• Bachelor’s Degree - Information systems or Computer science or Engineering or equivalent with relevant IT experience.

Basically my bachelors degree is in Mechanical Engg from India.

Since mine is Mechanical engineering - Should I take any more care in wording it? or is the above where I have stated - "Or Engineering or equivalent" good enough?

thanks!

Read the form 9089. It states clearly that you must fill your field of study if your job required BS. So you must put your job required Mech. Eng degree. In that case, why not just post the ad. that way to get less confusion in the future.

newbies.

Its not very clear...

are you saying that field of study should be clearly mentioned?

can you elaborate pl. ?

thx

subash1977 said:
newbies.

Its not very clear...

are you saying that field of study should be clearly mentioned?

can you elaborate pl. ?

thx

The form requires employers to put
- Required field of study
- Alternate field of study (optional)

Either way, your employer still have to state that the job required the field you studied with BS degree in either required or alternate field of study in the form.

If you don't state your degree requirement clearly there, you might have big chance to get your I140 refused.

So if my field of study in Bachelors is in Mechanical Engg. And my employer is ok with Engineering in any discipline.... thn you are saying that the attorney fill Mech Engg.

I also have an MS in Industrial Engg and Mgmt from US. and infact my concentration with in Industrial Engg was Information systems, this concentration is however not stated in my degree certificate.

My masters transcript however has the required courses I took for the Information systems concentration. Will this Master degree be of any Use for EB3?

thanks

OK. I saw the form 9089

3. Job title
4. Education: minimum level required: Bachelors
4-A. If Other is indicated in question 4, specify the education required:

4-B. Major field of study
???? is Mechanical Engg acceptale here... if the employer does not need any specific area? Or should this be like Compuer science or IS? :confused:

7. Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable?
Or alternately should Mechnaical Engg be put here? :confused:

7-A. If Yes, specify the major field of study:

8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable?

guess I leave if to the attorney... but check with him :eek:

subash1977 said:
So if my field of study in Bachelors is in Mechanical Engg. And my employer is ok with Engineering in any discipline.... thn you are saying that the attorney fill Mech Engg.

I also have an MS in Industrial Engg and Mgmt from US. and infact my concentration with in Industrial Engg was Information systems, this concentration is however not stated in my degree certificate.

My masters transcript however has the required courses I took for the Information systems concentration. Will this Master degree be of any Use for EB3?
Nope. Since your job required BS not MS.

thanks

3yrs BSc (CS) with 8yrs IT experience (5yrs in US)

Dear Gurus,
I am kinda confused and not sure what to do. I am working as a Systems Analyst with 8yrs of experience, can I file for PERM, if yes what should I put the requirements wording to be. My lawyer says he can apply and if he get an enquiry of something he can fight. Is there anyone in the same boat??

Can I put minimum degree requirement as
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience

Any light on this will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot
Raj

Yeah appreciate if some one could let us know how the form9089 needs to be filled... in cases where

1. the Baclelors degree is in a different field... and the employer states that a bachelors in any discipline with some experience as the minimum requirement...

What other care should be taken?

2. another question - as hoplesLC asks - in cases where the bachelors is a 3 yr degree.