Urgent! Company buy out! Gurus please advice!

bunny

Registered Users (C)
485 filed @VSC RD 5/16/01 ND 7/31/01. Company B has bought out Company A (My current employer). The deal will finish around Mid december, i.e. with all procedures, Company A will become part of company B around mid december. Don\'t know yet what the structure of the new company will be yet? Picture will be more clear in the next month or so! I will have finished more than 180 days by mid November 01.

Gurus could you please advice what are next steps for me in terms of continuing my 485 application. Should I find a new job after mid November (i.e. After 180 days from RD)??? Would that hurt my 485?? What happens if I continue my job & company A becomes Company B in mid December?? Will that affect my 485?? Please advice!

Urgent !! Gurus Please respond! Company buy out!!

485 filed @VSC RD 5/16/01 ND 7/31/01. Company B has bought out Company A (My current employer). The deal will finish around Mid december, i.e. with all procedures, Company A will become part of company B around mid december. Don\'t know yet what the structure of the new company will be yet? Picture will be more clear in the next month or so! I will have finished more than 180 days by mid November 01.

Gurus could you please advice what are next steps for me in terms of continuing my 485 application. Should I find a new job after mid November (i.e. After 180 days from RD)??? Would that hurt my 485?? What happens if I continue my job & company A becomes Company B in mid December?? Will that affect my 485?? Please advice!

No Title

Of course you need to consult with your attorney.

I personally think you can use the 180 day rule, since you obviously are going to be working with the same job title etc. And as you know different attorneys are asking their clients to do different things to use the 180 day rule (send a letter to INS with the company change etc. VS no action needed)

But I am sure you are anxious to get past this.. why don\'t you consult your attorney.