urgent clarification

usa_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I needed one clarification. I am in India from the last 8 months and am expecting dec/jan interview. I am doing a CP.
I have only the jan '02 pay stub,

Do the consulate insist on latest pay stubs ? My lawyer told me that paystub is not required since GC is for future employment,just a notarized employment letter is fine.
Anybody in the same boat ?

Please clarify

Thanks

usa_gcard,
Based on the cp interview-experiences posted on this forum, i've hardly seen that they want to see the latest paystub - if u have a very hard-luck...(hope, not so..)
Anyway, just enquire whether in pkt-4 they ask for the latest paystubs or not - if not, i don't think it would be a criteria for dis-qualification.
best of luck !!
Ranen

Thanks Ranen,

From what I have seen here, the Packet 4 does not say about pay stub, but, a list given inside the consulate during interview listing the the order of docs mentions paystub.THis is according to lot of people in this forum.

Any inputs is appreciated.

usa_gcard,
Interesting!! I never heard of the list given within the consulate on the interview date !!! Anyway, fact is that, if it's not mentioned in pkt-4, a candidate most likely(I know most r exceptional) not to carry it to consulate - right ?, so what's the validity of the list u r talking 'bout ? I'll enquire a little more and if found anything, will get back o u.
Moulin and others - any comments on this ?
cheers!!
Ranen

I know lot of people from here have attended the interview. What docs does the packet 4 mention ?

thanks

List of docs in Packet 4

Here is the list of docs specified in Packet4:

1. OF-171- Visa appointment letter.
2. DS-230- Part I & II Visa application.
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Wedding photos.
5. Birth certificate OR statement of non-availability of birth records & affidavit of birth.
6. Evidence of financial support(Including 3 years most recent US Federal Income Tax returns), Petittioner's employment letter and Bank statements.
7. Photos.
8. Proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner.
9. Medical reports. Do not submit your X-ray.
10. Completed 9003 form.
11. Separate passport for each applicant. (including children)

Thanks
RKReddy

Originally posted by usa_gcard
I know lot of people from here have attended the interview. What docs does the packet 4 mention ?

thanks

i was wondering how do you get following ...

"statement of non-availability of birth records", is it necessary for India when one already has affidavit of birth record

-b.

Your attorney is right, CP processing is for future employment. You may have to show your tax returns and current pay stubs, they need not be from the employer sponsoring your GC - I think it is to ascertain that you are (a) in the job that is petitioned for, (b) that you have enough to support yourself and family.

Re statement of non-availability of birth record, if you do not have a birth certificate (with child, parents names) and the local registry does not a record of your birth or will not provide one, then you need to get this statement (of non-availability) which will supported by affidavits of birth (usually sworn to by the parents or someone who has first hand knowledge of the birth and can attest to person, parents etc.).

Personally I beleive that pay stubs could be asked by the consulate as proof of maintainane of status while in non-immigrant status in the U.S.

If you are outside the US for the past few months, naturally the consulate would not expect you to have any.. Consular officers do not have any discretionary powers to deny your IV. If you can provide them reasonable evidence that the petitioned job is alive and real, they have to issue you the IV.

Your lawyer is right.. All you need is evidence of future financial support in the form of a notorized employment letter.

I processed in Mumbai and did not need paystubs. But I have heard about people in chennai being supplied with a new list inside the consulate with the paystubs on it. In the worst case, you will be fine carrying the pay stubs for the time you were in the US.

Last edited by a moderator: