URGENT ! Can I get GC while being on LOA ?

gglover

Hi,

I work in California.

My company is giving me the option of transferring to India indefinitely until work becomes available here. I can also take LOA (Leave of absence, with no pay) if I wish.

In February of this year my I-140 was approved, a few weeks ago my consular processing form was submitted so my GC interview will be in London (my home country).

I heard that the Consular processing should take 2-4 months since I have a British passport, is this correct ?

If I take LOA will it affect my GC interview in the future? Will they refuse to issue me a GC after being on LOA for 2-4 months?

Thanks so much !

Gordon Glover

I think...

as long as your employer gives you a letter of employment stating your title, salar, and full time status...LOA shouldn\'t have any effect. consider this, somebody has to take LOA (extended vacation) for personal reasons such as family medical emergency, etc. this thing shouldn\'t affect CP. in your case, the reason for LOA is different but as long as you can prove - with employment letter - that you had a personal non-job-related reason, consular officer should understand.

check with your company if they will issue you a letter. i don\'t even know if the Consular officer would realize if you are on LOA (unless they ask for paystubs, etc.).

that\'s my opinion but take expert advice. good luck!