[URGENT] Can a West Coast guy get interim EAD in East Coast (DC, Virginia, Maryland)

cal_aos_waiting

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My AOS and EAD applications are with the California Center. My 2nd EAD was applied in July 2003 (first one expiring Nov 2003). However, I have not received an approval yet. I am currently working in Washington DC and was wondering if I could go to one of the local offices here (DC, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware) to get an interim EAD? I really would like to avoid cross-country travel, if possible.

I really appreciate a quick response.

Thanks a lot.

Yes, you can do that. However, there is a problem. To avoid cross country travel or taking leave you can go to the local BCIS/INS office and ask for an interim EAD but it may result in your case transfer to VSC.

My 485 has been pending for almost 21 months with CSC and right now I'm in east coast. Of course, I was sailing in the same boat when my first EAD expired in july. At that time I thought of going to local INS and estimated the risk factor. Many of my friends said that I could go to local INS office at the expense of case transfer. At last, I went to San Jose, CA and got my interim EAD.

IMHO, it is better to go to california. I heard that there is an appointment service for interim EAD in San Jose, CA now. You can try that, if you want to.

Please do NOT go by my words, if I'm wrong in any case please forgive my ignorance. In case of conflict, an expert's advice always supersedes my answer.

-Sri

You can go to your local INS to get IEAD. I had the same situation. My I-485 is pending at CSC and I filed EAD at CSC before I moved to Ohio. I went to Ohio local INS got my IEAD without any problem.

As many people - as many opinions.

If it were my case, I'd spend the extra few bucks and fly cross country. Hey atleast you get to smell california air again.

Plus, how much money are we talking about $500 at best. Y'know all of us earn well, $500 is not much. (relatively speaking).