Urgent!!! Advice on I-140

abhisam

Registered Users (C)
The receipt date of my I-140 is Dec 13, 2006 at the Texas Service Center. And currently the Texas Service Center is processing cases before Dec 14, 2006. However, my case is still showing "received and pending" on the USCIS website (I registered on the website).

How many days does it usually take to get an answer once the case is picked up by USCIS? I was considering the option of upgrading my petition to premium, but then if its just a question of 3-4 days, I am ready to wait.

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Abhisam

Thanks st4rguitar for praying for me!!!

Any idea from your past experience how much time the I-140 takes to be approved after this point? (Of course considering that there is no RFE)

Appreciate any help!

The receipt date of my I-140 is Dec 13, 2006 at the Texas Service Center. And currently the Texas Service Center is processing cases before Dec 14, 2006. However, my case is still showing "received and pending" on the USCIS website (I registered on the website).

How many days does it usually take to get an answer once the case is picked up by USCIS? I was considering the option of upgrading my petition to premium, but then if its just a question of 3-4 days, I am ready to wait.

Any help is highly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Abhisam

Dude, you receipt date is Dec 14, and USCIS is doing cases received till Dec 13. This means you case is probably in the stack USCIS will be processing this month. However they have the tendency of picking up the cases outside the stated timeframe (You can see 140 approvals of applications in Jan/Feb 2007).
What does it mean? Well it means is that you keep your fingers crosses and wait, or rather wait while they go thru the stack, as if they do it by receipt date, then your case is pretty much at the bottom of this stack. If you dont get any response in couple of weeks, then you can think of PP.
Hope this helps.