Urgent advice needed: job change right after AOS interview?

I485applicant05

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus,

I have a very urgent and unique situation. I need your advice ASAP and also believe this is a very unique situation for great discussions.

My I-485 has been pending since Oct 2004 (see case info at the end) and I decided to change job recently and accepted an offer. I am supposed to start the new job on mid April (pending H-1B transfer) and then invoke AC21 later on.

The situation suddently got very tricky: I just received the interview notice for my AOS, and the interview date is right on the same date I plan to start the new job! Initially I thought this is perfect because I can just delay my new job for a few days and go for the interview while I am with my current employer. However, my brief research seemed to suggest that it's bad to change job immediately after getting GC (assuming my interview goes well and I get my GC).

So, what should I do? I guess the options are:
1) I can try to start the new job BEFORE the interview. But what if my H-1B transfer receipt has not arrived yet by then (not filed yet as of now)? I have EAD so can start with my EAD, but I do not want the risk (of potential AOS denial). Also is there risk changing job days before the interview?
2) If I stay with my current employer, is it really bad to then leave the next day or two after the interview?
3) what if I don't get my GC at the interview (like name check delay etc)? should I stay with current employer or start the new job?

The fact is, I decided to change the job BEFORE the interview notice arrived. The interview notice arrived one week after I accepted the job offer... I intended to use AC21, but never imagined the interview would come right at this moment...

Your comments and advices are greatly appreciated.

--------------
140 RD: March 2003 (EB1, outstanding researcher)
140 AD: August 2004
485 RD: Oct 2004
485 transferred to local office: May 2005
first 485 interview scheduled: Sep 2005 (postponed)
New 485 interview:mid April 2006

I485applicant05 said:
Dear Gurus,
1) I can try to start the new job BEFORE the interview. But what if my H-1B transfer receipt has not arrived yet by then (not filed yet as of now)?

I believe that if you are transferring H-1 you can start new job before approval arrives (after you get receipt for transfer filing), I did same, started new job in May and approval came in June. You can pay premium processing fee and get approval in 15 days...