Urgent Advice Needed From Experts!!

gcinus

Registered Users (C)
Here's a snapshot of my case history:

EB3/Labor Substitution/VSC
I-140 filed in July 2002
I-485 filed (concurrently, while I-140 was still pending) in September 2002.
RD - October 10, 2002.
I-140 Approved in February 2003
EAD/AP approved in April 2003
Finger printing (first) done in November 2003.
EAD renewal applied in December 2003.
EAD renewal approved in May 2004.
I-485 case transferred to district office in Chicago in March 2004.

Right now, I have received an appointment notice for an interview on the 10th of August. My questions in this regard are:

1. I've been asked to "Appear with your petitioner on 08/10/04 at 8.00 AM . . . . . ." - Does anybody know, who is referred to as the "petitioner"? Is this my employer? If so, I don't think I would be able to have the employer come with me for the interview for 2 reasons; a) since they are a large corporation and based in a different state and b) I am no longer working for the employer that filed my green card. I recently joined another company, less than 2 months ago, (well after the 180 day period after I-140/I-485), and have not yet invoked the AC21 portability.

Experts, pls. advise me on this. I really could do with all the help that I can get.

2. I've been asked to bring "Certified Court Dispositions - for all arrests, no matter how long ago the arrest occurred" - What do I do regarding this? I have never been arrested or had any issues with law. Pls. let me know how I should respond to this.

Will keep you all posted on the details after the interview.

Thanks and good luck to all others in-waiting . . there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

For I-485 you are the petitioner. You need to go for the interview with the Employment verification letter from current employer with all other documentation.

If you do not have any arrests you need not take any thing. Officer will ask you that question say you do not have any arrests.

Not a big issue. Try to gather list of documents what all you need to take.

You may need I-140 approval notice, Marriage certificate All Old H1 approval notices. Etc.