Urgent--adding spouse to application at pkt3 stage

vjg

Registered Users (C)
I spoke with NVC recently about adding my spouse to my application. My I140 was approved when I was single and NVC sent me a bar coded form with just my name and $335 fees on it.

The NVC operator said :

1. Add your spouse's name to the bar coded form and include $335 in fees for her.

2. Send in DS 230-I forms for both myself and my spouse to St. Louis.

3. Send in copies of my marriage certificate and my wife's birth certificate to St. Louis.

4. Additionally send the NVC a copy of my marriage certificate and birth certificate via SNAIL MAIL so that they can enter this information into their records.

I tried to insist for an amended bar coded form but the operator was emphatic in saying that the form that I have is sufficient, and that my case # does not change.

Any one with info about this situation please post, I know there have been delays when people have mailed a $670 fee for 2 without notifying the NVC.

Anyone with the NVC's fax #, please post here or private message me. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

:confused:

VJ

they said the same to my attorney...
and i did the same as instructed by them
i had sent pack3 on aug first week and both the checks were cashed on aug 21st....
but my case is yet to reach NVC...
i don't know what is causing that.. it is almost 7th week now...

we don't have any option...we will have to do as they instruct...
they might ignore the fax...so better send as snail mail (or fedex) with delivery confirmation....

Originally posted by vxg113
I spoke with NVC recently about adding my spouse to my application. My I140 was approved when I was single and NVC sent me a bar coded form with just my name and $335 fees on it.

The NVC operator said :

1. Add your spouse's name to the bar coded form and include $335 in fees for her.

2. Send in DS 230-I forms for both myself and my spouse to St. Louis.

3. Send in copies of my marriage certificate and my wife's birth certificate to St. Louis.

4. Additionally send the NVC a copy of my marriage certificate and birth certificate via SNAIL MAIL so that they can enter this information into their records.

I tried to insist for an amended bar coded form but the operator was emphatic in saying that the form that I have is sufficient, and that my case # does not change.

Any one with info about this situation please post, I know there have been delays when people have mailed a $670 fee for 2 without notifying the NVC.

Anyone with the NVC's fax #, please post here or private message me. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

:confused:

VJ

I had a same situation. My 140 was applied but my spouse info was not included on the Bar Coded page sent in packet 3. Also now I have a baby.

Well, Since my baby was born in US. I dont have to do anything for her. As she is a US citizen by birth. But Ofcourse it is suggested to carry the US citizen passport during interview.

Then as per some CP Guru's advice from this forum, I called NVC. The lady there was very nice (Try calling early morning at just after 8.00 am EST).

The lady gave me her fax number and told me to fax some documents with Attn to her name. I was told to fax my marriage certificate and wife's Birth Certificate. And since my wife's Birth Certificate was in Hindi, I also faxed a English notarise translation. I faxed all these documents with a cover letter stating that my wife need to be added to my case#.... and please send a new copy of packet 3.

Then I called the NVC next day to confirm whether they did receive my fax. They confirmed it and also said that my wife was already added to my file and a new packet 3 would be sent out, which would be scheduled to go out next week by their computer.

I received new packet from then in about 3 weeks. Now lets see what happens from here.

GoodLuck.

hello newChennai

Hello NewChennai,

Don't get tensed. If i understood correctly,

you sent Packet 3 to St.Louis -- Aug 5th (approximately)

your check's were cashed-in --- Aug 21st (approximately)

NVC hasn't recd the case yet -- ???

I would suggest you to call NVC, and ask them a different question this time. Don't ask , if they recd the packet-3 from st.louis. Instead, please ask , if they have "you & your wives" name on the beneficiary list. (CONFIRM IT).

My time-line,

1) packet 3 sent to St.Louis -- June 3rd 2002
2) packet 3 rejected -- July 2nd 2002
3) packet 3 re-sent by attny -- July 2nd 2002
4) NVC recd the packet -- July 25th 2002
5) NVC fwd packet to st.louis -- July 26th 2002
6) St.Louis sent back to NVC -- Aug 26th 2002

7) NVC review completed - -- Sep 5th
8) NVC sent case to chennai -- Sep 10th
9) Chennai entered case -- Sep 18th
10) Expecting Nov Interview --------->>> ????

Total Time it took from Jun 3rd thru Aug 26th(inclusive) = 86 days

bottom line, i sent packet-3 to St.Louis , it took 96 days to reach NVC. ha ha ha ha. (iam the luckiest person in the world)

Are you sure, that ST.LOUIS didn't reject your PACKET-3 saying "wrong fees".
If yes and that "both" checks' were cashed, I guess STEP 2 & STEP 3 is done internally-for you.

Instead of rejecting it, "they are internally processing your wives case". Meaning, a new packet-3 is generated for your wife, and the processing is being done as we speak.

That is purely my GUESS, i might be totally wrong too.

All iam saying, please CONFIRM YOUR BENEFICIARY LIST.

Talk to a gentleman "Roberto" (one of the NVC operator). I know you get operators-in-random, but this gentelman is really knowledgeable compared to others & very helpful too.

"waiting" is a game. So don't get upset.

good luck,
--LocalMadras

Last edited by a moderator: