Urgent !! 485 approval while out of country

srican

Registered Users (C)
I have a problem ... I am currently on a H-1 Visa valid till dec 2006 ... I did a concurrent filing ( 140 and 485 ) in sept 2003 ... I got my AP and Ead in Nov 2003 The AP/EAD expired in Nov 2004 and I did not bother applying for a new one as my H-1 was valid till 2006 and I use it frequently to travel to europe/india ... All this suddenly changed when I recieved i 140 approval notice last week ... I have booked a six week trip to india ( the tickets are not changeable / non refundable ) .. The problem is that it is very likely that my 485 will be approved while I am in India ..My lawyer tells me that I 'may' have problems returning on H-1 if my 485 is approved while I am out ... I called up the national customer service and they said that it will not be a problem as H is a dual intent visa.... I am very confused my lawyer is advising me to cancel the trip ... That will mean that I will lose the airfare ..which is a lot of money for me ... I am very stressed ... Has anyone been in a similar situation? ...please help..