Update Date

Satesh416

Registered Users (C)
Folks

I sent my RFE recently and NSC received it few days back. One strange thing is happening, although the online message changed to “we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However….” But My Last Update is being changed everyday without message being changed. what does that mean? Any ideas?

Thats fine..., your file is moving... Did you recieve emails when ever your update date changed, even though status was not updated?

MEans you will get approval soon

But please post the details of RD etc for the benefit of all our part time analysts
In this GC ordeal, we take solace in seeing cases moving and approvals, the details of RD help us to get a sense of when our time will come
good luck and you should get the approval emails soon

Same here

I had the same thing. My RD is 08/02. They received my RFE response on 7/12 and LUD changed on 7/12,7/13 and 7/14. Status only changed on 7/12 to " Received RFE response...". Email only came on 7/12 however when RFE response was received.
No update since 7/14 however.

ssmk

Replied to RFE

My Lawyer sent reply to RFE on 21. The CIS received it on 22nd. The message has been updated that they received the reply to RFE.

I received emails from NCS only when they sent the RFE and get the REE reply. So two emails. But after that my “My Last Update” date has been changed every single day. Again my date is being changed every day, So I am assuming that some one is manually changing the update date, right? But what NSC is doing? If they have approved the case then it should have been updated once and basically that’s it but why the date is changing everyday since they received my RFE reply…just curious cause my date did not change in last 2 years since I applied for 485 and now is being changed everyday with status being changed.

RD 07/02
ND 07/02

honeyhappy said:
Any clue if online message has to change at what time apprx in the day it is updated. Thanks
I've observed the following ( in my limited experience - reality might be different !)

- Emails are always generated at the top of the hour ( like 9.01 am, 6.02 pm, 4.00 pm etc )
- Just a change in LUD without any change in status does not send a mail
- LUD change + status message change sends an email !

Satesh416 said:
Max
You are right. I noticed that too...
Also I've seen one more quirk with the USCIS email ...

I've ALWAYS received 2 emails for every status change. The contents etc is identical. Both the mails are sent at the exact same time ....

Not that I care too much ... but was wondering if this is the standard behavior seen by all ?

Yes, I receieved 2 emails too.
Max, what about case date being updated everyday without status changing?
what does that mean?

Satesh416 said:
Yes, I receieved 2 emails too.
Max, what about case date being updated everyday without status changing?
what does that mean?
Some folks equate frequently changing LUDs as a sign of an imminent approval :D

Hold on tight - maybe you are up for approval soon -- I would predict sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks you should get approved :)

Good luck and post back

I see that the Last updated Date in the website everyday during the last 3 days. what does this signify? Am i close to getting the Approval or RFE?

RD: 10/17/2002
1FP: 12/2002
3rd EAD and 3RD AP: 05/2004
2nd FP done: 7/2/2004
2nd FP status updated: 7/8/2004

I see that my last updated date changes 7/22, 7/23, 7/24 and 7/26.. wondering what someone is doing? not sure if its going to generate RFE or approval.