Update After Asylum Interview

bomaka

Hello Guys,

On Monday, June 10, 2024, I had my asylum interview at Houston asylum office. A week after my interview, June 17, 2024, I emailed the asylum office inquiring about my decision which they replied same day. I followed up same day asking about a timeline of when I might expect to receive the decision, they replied on June 20, 2024 saying "Your case is continuing processing and adjudication to finalize a decision. Once we receive all pending, required information, it will be served to you by mail."

Saturday, June 22, 2024, I checked online and it says the following:
June 22, 2024 We received your case and waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization.
June 22, 2024 New card is being produced.
June 22, 2024 You completed your interview with USCIS.
June 22, 2024 We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive a decision shortly.
June 22, 2024 The fingerprints relation to your form I-765 application for employment authorization, were taken.

Does anyone have an idea on what this means?

Cheers,

Bomaka

Attachments

• IMG_6652.jpg
    IMG_6652.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 40
Hello Guys,

On Monday, June 10, 2024, I had my asylum interview at Houston asylum office. A week after my interview, June 17, 2024, I emailed the asylum office inquiring about my decision which they replied same day. I followed up same day asking about a timeline of when I might expect to receive the decision, they replied on June 20, 2024 saying "Your case is continuing processing and adjudication to finalize a decision. Once we receive all pending, required information, it will be served to you by mail."

June 22, 2024 We received your case and waived the filling fee for your form I-765, application for employment authorization.
June 22, 2024 We reached a decision in your case. You should expect to receive a decision shortly.
June 22, 2024 The fingerprints relation to your form I-765 application for employment authorization, were taken.

Cheers,

Bomaka
Congratulations. They have approved your asylum case. Have a nice day !

Hello Guys,

Cheers,

Bomaka
Update:

I received my Asylum Approval Notice today (Thursday, June 27, 2024) 17-days after I had my interview (Monday, June 10, 2024).

Good luck to everyone going through this process.

Update:

I received my Asylum Approval Notice today (Thursday, June 27, 2024) 17-days after I had my interview (Monday, June 10, 2024).

This is amazing I never seen something like this, that would be great for everyone I had mine on Jun 26th
They told you that they will be mailing the decision?

Update:

Congratulations, which asylum office your case was in?

Hello Guys,

Cheers,

Bomaka
Congratulations!!

Can you share the timeline from application sent to approval received so that we can understand processing times taken by USCIS in recent time.

Congratulations!!

Can you share the timeline from application sent to approval received so that we can understand processing times taken by USCIS in recent time.
I applied for Asylum in May 2017. Tried expediting without any evidence and got denied in 2023. Sent the asylum office another expedite request by mail in 2023. February 2024, they sent me an email asking for evidence to expedite my case which I provided by email In April 2024. Interviewed on June 10, 2024. Approved on June 20, 2024. Received approval notice on June 27, 2024.