Unsure which way to go

ozziewench

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, I am new here and have tried reading through previous posts to see if I could find an answer but there is so many. I travelled to the US on a visa waiver and stayed there for 3 months travelling with my now husband. We got married just before I left in early April to come home here to Australia. He is a US citizen. A couple of questions and hopefully someone here can help me.....please.

Can I apply for the K3 visa and then when it is approved travel to the US so I can be with him? Am missing him terribly.

Is the K3 visa my best option compared to applying and waiting for immigrant visa?

Sorry to tell you but I think you will need to apply to the other visas first. I have my wife who lives outside the country and I had to first apply for the I-130 then wait for a letter with a NOA # when I get this # I can apply for the K-3 with the I-129F. Then wait. :(

Good luck with your case

thankyou for your reply. I do realise that my husband has to submit the I-130 followed by the I-129F and wait for that to be approved before I can begin my K3 processing. I had been wondering if going the K3 route in preference to the straight Immigrant Visa was quicker or not.

How long have you been waiting? Do you know if I can visit with my husband while we are waiting or must we remain seperated until the K3 is approved?

Hope it all works out for you soon. I know how hard it is being seperated from one you love.

Hi there. Take a look at VisaJourney.com forums, there is a lot of information posted about Direct Consular Filing for K3. Look in: Marriage Based Immigration(K1,K2,K3,etc)To The USA. Aussielad has posted a great deal about what to do in Australia, you could probably get some information there that will help you. HTH :)

Last edited by a moderator: