Unofficial Freeze in Processing RIRs???

getjiggy007

http://www.murthy.com/chat0120.html

Chat User : Hi, Murthyji. Is the labor certification process going to stop temporarily?

Attorney Murthy : Not that we are aware of, except for the unofficial freeze in processing RIRs:confused: almost all over the U.S. based on the Department of Labor believing that most occupations are no longer in a shortage. If PERM becomes the law, then the LC will get processed really fast, but if cases go regular LC, then they could take anywhere from 2 years up to 4 years just for the LC stage.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 11:49 AM
To: rpanwar
Subject: Re: Unofficial Freeze in Processing RIRs???

We do not believe that to be true. Regards.

At 10:41 AM 1/24/2003 -0600, you wrote:

Hi Rajiv,
Is the following true??
Unofficial Freeze in Processing RIRs???
<http://www.murthy.com/chat0120.html>

Chat User : Hi, Murthyji. Is the labor certification process going to stop
temporarily?
Atttorney Murthy : Not that we are aware of, except for the unofficial
freeze in processing RIRs almost all over the U.S. based on the Department
of Labor believing that most occupations are no longer in a shortage. If
PERM becomes the law, then the LC will get processed really fast, but if
cases go regular LC, then they could take anywhere from 2 years up to 4
years just for the LC stage.

I checked with the source at Murthy office. They said they think this is happening, but they are not sure so far. The exact feedback will come on Monday or Tuesday.

My attorney said she spoke with DOL late Friday afternoon, and no one said they are going to stop processing RIR.

RIR FREEZE

Lcsilence,

I think this smoke screen created by attorney Murthy's web site has created confusion to lot of RIR applicants. i hope they don't float rumors about things that they are themselves unsure.

We will see what they have to say about this matter?I think somebody mentioned that attorney Murthy's office will have clear picture by tomorrow 1-28-03.

Responce from Murthy Office

This is what murthy office has to say.

As mentioned in your email below there is an "unofficial freeze" on processing RIR applications. This does not mean that there is a freeze but that there is a slow down in processing RIR applications because of the down turn in the economy.

Freeze /slowdown untrue

vicky,

It is absolutely untrue what Murthy's office is saying.Neither there is freeze nor there is slow down.Murthy's office speculate things
way out of line.I go with Rajiv Khanna's version.

I too go with the Rajiv Khanna version. I guess Murthy needs to clarify between freeze and slow down. Both of these words are different and their meaning are totally different.