United Nations & Gurus Please Help Urgent Rfe On 485

raghu0707

Registered Users (C)
i recieved a RFE on 485 my 140 is still pending, the RFE is about education and ability to pay.

this is how the RFE sounds, please submit evidence that the beneficiary possess,at a minimum US bachelors degree in computer science,engneering or related feild or single source, foriegn degree that is equivalent to us bachelor degree.

and standard ability to pay RFE.

i have done my bachelors in computer science( 3yrs degree), 1yr pg diploma(full time) 1yr(diploma part time) few computer courses. but my education evaluation states only 3yr and doenst mention 1yr courses since its old, which i used for my h1, i have submitted the same with 140.

so if i do a new evaluation with 1yr (pg diploma &part time)will it be ok for me . please help me guys.

thanks,

Looks like your case is filed as EB2 and these guys are trying to make sure that you qualify for EB2 ... just a guess.

Thanks

Post your question in the I140 Nebraska\Vermont forums. Your RFE is standard I140 (Education & Ability to Pay).

On education front, they are asking whether your experience satisfies what is mentioned as required on the Labor application.

UN has a detailed thread on the Vermont I140 Forums regarding Ability to Pay issues.

My first guess would be they are trying to adjudicate your i-140 and i-485 together in case you filed them together. Because Ability to pay is intended to employer and generally issued on I-140.

I am not sure whether a 3 yr degree + 1yr pg diploma consititutes a 4yr US degree. For my brother-in-law, they have not treated 3yr degree + 2yr MBA in India as 4 yr BUSINESS degree. It is possible that it is different for computer degree. You may want to check out with evaluation agency. Good luck