United Nations / Any Member - Urgent Urgent Help Needed on 140 RFE from VSC

questiongc

Registered Users (C)
All help is appreciated. I am almost in the state of panic.

Following is the query on I 140 recd from VSC.

The ETA-750 requires that that the beneficiary must have a 4 year bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, CIS, Engineeering, math, technology or business with 2 years as a software engineer or programme analyst blah blah...... Other special requirements state that the employer deems 3 years of undergraduate study plus 2 years of experience as equivalent to a bachelor's degree.

It has been determined after review that an advisory evaluation of the beneficiaries formal education must be obtained before a decision can be made. This evaluation is necessary to determine the level in major field of education attainment as described in the supporting documents in support of equivalent education in the US. An acceptable evaluation should

1) consider formal education only not practical experience.

2) state if the collegieate training was post secondary education

3) provide a detailed explanation of material evaluated and qualifications of the evaluator.

Now coming to my current situation

I have a Bachelor's in Science (Maths, Physics) from Osmania university and a diploma PGDCA - 1 Year from a comp institution which no longer exists.

My attorney has sent the papers for educational evaluation to a firm and here is what they (evaluation firm !!) have to say

We cannot issue a bachelor's equivalency based on
academic credentials - He possesses a 3 year Indian Bachelor's degree, which
is only equivalent to a 3 year associates degree in the United States. He also posses a Post Graduate Diploma from an institution that our professor and USCIS know nothing about and they will not accept credit from. If you can send in a transcript of his coursework, a letter for the school stated that it was a full-time program, and a letter stating the school is recognized by a government accrediting agency, there is a very slight chance that our professor will reconsider the case. I will stress that it is very doubtful that a bachelor's equivalency can be reached even if the above materials are sent in.

All Advice is appreciated on the following questions.
1) What options do we have
2) What chances do we stand
3) Can any one share similar experiences and the results, if they had one !!

Thanks a million

Hi,
How did you solve this problem? I am also in the same situation.Pls help me.I have 3 Yr BSc + 2 yr diploma. My evaluator says 3 + 2 yr diploma = US bach degree.

-Somi

Hello,

So how did you guyz repond to this query. Can you please share the information.

Thanks,
MainGC