Unique Situation*Help Please* L1A-L1B-L1A

Pulkit

I work for a multinational company and here is a unique issue that i am faced with.

I came to US in May 2002 on L1A, but because of stupidity of my company admin staff my L1A was extended as L1B in May 2004, valid upto May 2006. They caught the mistake in August this year, and filed for amending my status back to L1A. It is still in process.

I need to go to India this November 2005. I have taken Visa appt at Delhi office, using my L1B petition. However, by the time I leave US, my new L1A petition would have come. So my questions are -

1. Will I have to surrender both my L1B & L1A I-94's attached to my petition.
2. Is my L1B petition (which has currently a validity till May 2006) still valid ?
3. Can just take my L1B petition to consulate office in Delhi, and get a Visa stamped - or will they find out that I have now a current L1A valid petition ?

Reason I want to use my L1B petition, because that is the petition that I had used to get my appt at consulate. If i take a fresh appt, after I get my amended L1A petition, then I will get appt only till March 2006. This is not workable.

Please give me your inputs - My company admins are the world's most useless and deserve a trophy, however I am the one who is getting the short end of the stick in this case ! :mad:

Similar situation

Hi Pulkit,

Very surprisingly i have a similar situation. I had a L1A visa and my admin renewed the visa as L1B (contenders for stupidity trophy with ur admin). Now, they are trying to figure out how to correct this situation. I am happy to find out that your admin has initiated some steps to get this error corrected.

What exactly should my admin be doing to get my visa status back to L1A.

I will really appreciate if you will let me know the procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Vinod.

Count my company's admin staff for the "I am stupid" trophy. They changed my L1 A to L1 B during extension.
I read somewhere that an L1 B can be changed to am L1A if L1B is not expiring within 6 months.
I guess if a proper case is put before USCIS that the worker's role is changing back to Manager category then there should not be a problem.

I am going to ask my company to convert my L1B to L1A again. Let me know if you have any information to share.

Thanks,
Param.

I came to US on L1B and it will expire in the month of FEB 2008. my company wants to sponsor GC for me ..so we planned to convert from L1B to L1A and then go for GC processing.

When we talked to our attorney ..they informed we can not convert from L1B to L1A ... and the reason is ..we need to work as Manager executive atleast for an year abroad to eligible for L1A. So they suggested to convert to H1 and then do the GC .

I feel converting to H1 is a big mess ......

Any comments on this .

VENU.