UNIQUE: REPLY TO RFE AFTER APPROVAL

whoareyou

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
One of my friend got an RFE. After 2 weeks, he got the approval letter. He went to INS office and got his passport stamped. He did not replied to RFE thinking that they don't need it anymore. Now, he is thinking that it's better to send the reply if INS had requested something even thogh they approved the case.
What do you suggest he should do? If he sends the reply and INS again open his case or cancels the approval, then? He has an expired H-1 ,and his EAD and 94 were taken by INS at the time of stamp. He is really confused. Is there any any remote possibility of cancellation or revoking of his GC after replying to the RFE. Remember that his case is approved , passport stamped and cards are ordered. Please share your comments/suggestions. Thanks.

could depend on the nature of RFE

Depends on the nature of RFE, in my opinion. However, if the cards are ordered, your friend might as well wait till they are receieved before replying to RFE. Typical time given to reply to RFE is 3 months (I think!). Anyway, if you have a lawyer, you might take some advise from the counsel.

let us know what kind of RFE?

It depends on what your rfe said. Can you tell us the detail of your friend RFE? I know it's possible for your friend to get an approval cancelled even the passport got stamped.

may be his Lawyer/Company replied to the RFE without letting your friend know about that , Approving a Case for which RFE has not yet received is really amazing .

i think I have seen a similar case somewhere...here is what i recall a good suggestion:

Write INS a courstey letter stating the following:
you have received approval letter, had passports stamped, ordered cards, and returned EAD/I-94 etc. If the RFE is still needed to be responded, please let you know ASAP.