unemplyement benefits

maddi2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My case has been peding in Local INs office, We are expecting interivew(EB2). My wife worked on EAD and she got laidoff. Can she apply for unemploment benefites? Does it creares any problem
   during interview time? She is not a primary applicant.?

Share your ideas please...

Thanks

You lose your GC

As per I know, anyone getting a GC or his dependents should not apply for unemployment benefits for 5 years after getting GC.

No Title

Why take the risk? if you are able to support yourself and your family. A friend of mine is getting benefits, but now she and her husband both lost their jobs, morever she her G.C was not Employment based.

No Title

If she is not the GC primary applicant, she can file for unemployment. GO to your state labor department website for further details.

dec97, you should not post incorrect information.

No Problem

My wife is receiving the benefits right now. I talked to my lawyer and he told me that unemployment benefit is not a public charge and there is no risk involved if she takes these benefits.Any thing which is not related to public charge is not gonna affect your green card. By the way i just got my green card and recently my wife was laid off few weeks back.

Don\'t give false info

One of my friend got unemployment benefit 2 years after getting her GC became American Citizen at the beginning of this year. Moreover, she also got unemployment benefit during her 485 and that didn\'t prevent her of getting her GC.