Undue delay in I-485 processing

manzar

I filed my I-485 at Nebraska service center in February 2002 based on approval of I-140(EB-1 category). I have done repeat finger printing and medical checks. When I check the automated status report I get the message that "due to some temporary problems they can not access my files". This temporary problem seems to be un-ending. It has been going on for about one year now. I have retained two attorneys. None of them are doing any thing.
The senator of my area says that there are some kind of IN DEPTH SECURITY CHECKS going on with my application and they can't help either. My attorney says that there may be some conflict with my name and some names on terrorist watch list. I am a cardiologist currently working full time in Iowa.
They are not even issuing me EAD without personally appearing at the service center. Last time when I went for renewing EAD after 90 days of application at Des-Moines service center, they took me in for couple of hours, got my finger prints and ran security checks nation wide and finally let me go. Please suggest me any thing that might help.
Sincerely,
K J Manzar

coolchap said:
Hey srireddy did you file the writ? I see that your namecheck is done so why the delay? Did u enquire?

Hey Coolchap, I noted that the Processing dates just moved on Friday from 09/02 to 01/03 leaving the door open for me to enquire. I plan to do that once the USCIS website is updated.

I am kind of puzzled why there is a delay since my namecheck is complete, I believe I am a victim of their haphazard processing scheme.

When I contacted my Senator, They told me that once my file comes to examination area, It will be assigned to an officer and I can expect a result in 30-60 days. This means my file is not even assigned to an officer as of couple of weeks ago.

I am also seriously considering filing "Writ of Mandamus" and I scheduled to talk to Mr. Khanna and Ms. Murthy in the next 2 weeks to get their opinion and proceed from there.

Do you think the Writ may affect my application result? That is my main concern.

srireddy said:
Hey Coolchap, I noted that the Processing dates just moved on Friday from 09/02 to 01/03 leaving the door open for me to enquire. I plan to do that once the USCIS website is updated.

I am kind of puzzled why there is a delay since my namecheck is complete, I believe I am a victim of their haphazard processing scheme.

When I contacted my Senator, They told me that once my file comes to examination area, It will be assigned to an officer and I can expect a result in 30-60 days. This means my file is not even assigned to an officer as of couple of weeks ago.

srireddy,
What do they mean by " when file comes to the examination area"? Where is it now? Maybe you have the same questions also. If I were in your shoes I will not think twice to go for the writ. There is nothing much that you can do rather than sitting and reading my reply. Also if you look at the lawsuit that Rajiv filed and lost the class certification, he mentions that he had good results with individual lawsuits. So I would go with it. I personally think that they can't deny a case just becoz someone filed a writ....they better have better reasons to do so. So as long as you think your case is straightforward I would not think twice. I will be considering myself if I dont hear anything by June. Good Luck and hope that u get the GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going thru this forum might give you some tips or leads as to how to approach further. I would check the immigration officer on the status and go from thier response.
jaxen, unitednations, ar888, any comments/your take on KJM' prob?

Last edited by a moderator: