Unbelievable!!! I-485 approved in a month

Could you please tell us more?

Where did you get this info: Are you sure the LIN is for 485?

Regards
-Mog

It is.
Just enter this number in the online case status and you will see.

Something really rotten in the INS toilet bowl!!!

Just wish I could sue their a**es

I wouldn't

there are millions of petitions to the ins and very few are for work related adjustment of status ... and they all get the similar LIN numbers.. In any case i wouldn't be so stupid as to be messing with interstate confidential information on the web page of a Federal Agency.... As this breaks all sorts of laws and you leave track of your IP all over the place.... Don't be messing with that!!

Hi fernleon...

I am curious as to how is it messing with Confidential Info of fed Agency if we accidentally put a lin number and found this out.I am just curious buddy.
Or did u mean spreading the word on the forum ...

I agree fernelon,but what if I am

a lawyer,checking cases of all my clients (not realistic,as we all know how much lawyers love their clients ;) )
or if I am a person in hr /or sorts in a company,in charge of Green Card processes of people in my company,and am checking statuses.
AS there is no personal info given out,provided people dont misuse the info recvd ,I dont think there is any problem..and ofcourse we cant take ins to task abt anything...so forget it..and have a nice xmas folks
cheers
jack

fernleon,

I totally agree with parshu and Jack. There is absolutely NO personal information on the online case status page.
Furthermore, if the INS did not want us to know the status of other case numbers they would have come up with a security feature. There's not even a password to access this info!!!

Cheers :cool:

Marc

What do you mean approved in 1 month?

magesh_kk,
Congratulations! I have one doubt. What do you mean approved in 1 month? From the date you applied i485 or anything else? Please clarify. :)

What do you mean approved in 1 month?

magesh_kk,
Congratulations! I have one doubt. What do you mean approved in 1 month? From the date you applied i485 or anything else? Please clarify. :)

Re: I cant belive that!

I remember that there is a check box in 485 application asking any of your kids crossing some X years within some Y days.

This may be that kind of case. They might have approved before the kids have become may be 21 years?

To make this thread alive!!!

This is purely a normal case EB2. Got EAD & Finger print notice in a week, results of finger prints received in 2 weeks and the next week...the case got approved....

Well if it is true, God Bless INS...;)

Well, I received my FP notice in 10 days of filing for 485....Hopefully the rest of the steps will be quick too

This is normal

My colleague is around 50+ and his son was about to get 21 years of age. He applied 485 in Texas in mid-december '01 and got approval in January last week. His whole family was approved two days after FP. He was regular EB2 India. There is a way to expedite processing in such age-out cases. This is very very normal. So please don't be alarmed.